ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟸

One day Ved received a call from his mother. He mother informed her that she will be coming to Mumbai to spend a week with him. Ved's mom had shortlisted 3-4 profiles to show him. 

"How will you live without me?" He asked. "Just like you will live without me." She replied with assuring smile. 

"I was thinking to introduce you to mummy." He said and added further "What do you think?"

She nodded with a smile and said "Sure, I would love to."

"That means you are mentally prepared for it." He said and sighed with relief. 

"For what?"She asked in confusion. 

"Marriage." He said plainly and continued "We are living together since so many days. I cannot live my whole life unmarried."

"So?" She asked. 

"You don't want to marry that's fine. But I want to. I'm tired of making excuses in front of my parents and relatives." He said with slight irritation. 

"Have you ever thought your mentality for marriage is  so mean?" She said and gave him an awful look. 

"You are not getting me." He said. 

"I think I never got you. I always misunderstood you and thought you are not like other boys." She said with frustration. 

"I'm asking you the last time, Will you marry me?" He asked. She looked at him. 

"I'm telling you the last time, No." She said stubbornly. 

"Then go and pack your bags and get out from my house." He shouted with anger. 

"What?" She asked unbelievably. 

"Yes. Don't come again." He simply said. 

"I will not go. See your attitude now, I wonder how will you behave if I marry you." She said trying to control her emotions. 

"What is your problem?" He asked and sighed. 

"You didn't understand me." She said

"Please don't say like that." He said and cursed himself for shouting at her 

"Why shouldn't I? You think that you know me but there is difference between thinking and reality. I see so many people breaking their marriage. I have seen so many people breaking their marriage after 15 years of living happily together." She said. He silently kept listening to her. 

"That doesn't mean that I'll do the same." He said in a low voice. 

Ved never used to get angry like that but his anger was not under his control that day.

💫

Ved met three girls within a week but didn't like anyone of them. When Ved went to drop his mother to the station, he told his mother about Maya for the first time. He already knew  that she loves him and he loved her more than she could imagine. Ved thought for a moment to introduce Maya to his mother. Ved's mom was adamant that she would not go without meeting Maya. He then messaged Maya to come to station to meet her mother. Although he did not expect her come, she came. She was looking simply gorgeous in black palazzo paired with red kurti. Her eyes were spellbinding for sure. 

"Mummy, I don't want to marry. I am tired explaining this to Ved but he doesn't listen to me. Please tell him something." Maya said in very softly. 

None of them spoke anything for long time. "𝘉𝘦𝘵𝘢, I really loved when you called me Mummy" His mother said breaking the silence. She hugged Maya tightly. 

Ved didn't feel like returning home from the station because he didn't understand if he was getting angry or felt like crying. When he came home at 1 a.m. he saw that Maya was already there in the house. He was too tired to speak even a word and so, he slept. 

When he woke up in the morning, he saw that Maya was already awake or maybe she didn't sleep the whole night. She put a cup of tea in front of him and said, "I want to tell you something."  "Hmm" He said to let her speak further. 

"I'm going." She said. "What was the need to come then?" He asked, not wanting her to go. 

"I want to tell you something else... I can't live without you." She said in a low voice. 

" This is what you wanted to tell me?" He asked in confusion. 

"No." She said and continued further "I'm pregnant."

                                              ❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘄. 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁. 

𝗗𝗼 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁. 

𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲. 

𝗧𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻, 𝗕𝘆𝗲.