The Connection

Warnings: ✨None✨~
F/B = Favourite Band

~2 Weeks Later~

Reader's POV
It was a relaxing afternoon, nothing had happened so basically I had nothing to do besides cleaning up. I don't mind it to much though, I actually got a lot done today. I sigh to myself and take a seat on my couch. I reached for my magazine that was resting on the coffee table, flipping through it slowly reading a few recipes. Ooo, Apple pie!
I stand up with the magazine in hand, making my way to the kitchen. I scan through the ingredients needed for the apple pie, grinning like a fox.
"This is going to be sweet!" I said in joy.
As I'm about to prepare I am suddenly interrupted by a phone call that roared loudly in the hallway. God, I hate that thing. I exit the kitchen and rush down to grab the phone, I picked it up and held it close to my ear. "Hello, Y/N speaking?" I say quietly.
"Hey, Y/N!" Becca exclaimed over the phone.
"Just wondering if you'd like to come to this house party tomorrow?"
"Aren't we to old for house parties?" I ask her. I can hear her sighing over the phone.
"I mean, we're not that old. And besides, who says we can't have fun when we're older?"
"Fair point."
"Alright! I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow night, see ya then!"
"Bye" I hang up the phone and head back to the kitchen.
Now, where were we?

~A Few Hours Later~

After painful oven burns and almost setting the whole house on fire. The apple pie is finished, besides it having dark edges around it, it still looks delicious. I grab a plate and fork ready to dig in, but I stop myself. I stare down at the pie with a confused expression, I feel like I'm missing something. I think about it for a moment, ponding on the thought that it might just be nothing. I check the recipe again, reading through the steps just to make sure that I hadn't missed anything. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, but I still feel like I'm missing an something, but what? My eyes look at the picture of a fancy plate of apple pie that's shown at the bottom of the recipe. "Of course!" I said out loud, looking like I've just discovered the biggest mystery of all time.
"I'm missing a topping. Ice-cream!"
I had finally found the solution to my problem, then watched it all come crashing down in an instant. 'Wait- do I even have any ice-cream?' I thought to myself as I quickly went to check the freezer.
"I was correct..." I sigh to myself, coming out empty handed and unsuccessful. I turn to the clock hanging up on the wall, it read

4:53pm.

'I have plenty of time to head down to the store and grab some ice-cream before it gets dark', I thought as I placed the pie in the oven that was still quite hot to the touch even though I had turned it off before. I walk into my room and put on a fresh outfit (could be anything of your choice, be creative) and threw my messing clothes into the washing basket. I make my way out the front door with my keys in hand. I locked the door behind me and entered into my car, starting it up as I play (f/b) on the radio. I tap my hands on the steering wheel, singing/humming to the tunes as I make my way to the store.

I parked my car and entered the store. As I walked around I am instantly met with a cold chill running down my spine, the freezer section. I gaze upon the many colourful frozen treats in front of me. I sigh happily as I look around at each flavour, cookies and cream, caramal swirl, raspberry and coconut. So many options! I smile in delight until I hear something hard hit the floor beside me. I look over to see a man that had accidentally dropped a packet of frozen vegetables.

He looks oddly familiar....

~706 words~

Oh my, I never knew anyone would actually read this😳