Chapter 40

A/N The plot is back. There is little to no comedy in this chapter. I am completely better now. School, on the other hand, is killing me. Also, you can see my progress on the next chapter at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mKDIVbgwJmczK8FWaA3nlGk6p7WxmNbvV9P-qPsBQOk/edit?usp=sharing
I cannot promise any speed, however.
Oh, and also, I was told that ChrisEsther used part of chapter 10 of my story in his story, in the chapter "Rampage". I was angry, but she was inspired by my story, not copying it. That makes me feel flattered, and so I'm sharing that with you guys. Also, shoutout to motorlady for telling me about it, and for telling me something I needed to hear in order to bring out the plot again.

"Ah", said Makarov, putting down his glass of the finest alcohol in Fiore, "There's nothing like some wine to end a meal!"

"Preach", said Cana, holding her glass up, before putting it down in a single gulp. She was about to open up another bottle, when Makarov's lacrima started emitting a light and buzzing.

Makarov sighed, tapping it, letting a holographic image of Bob, the Blue Pegasus guild master, appear.

"Makarov!" Bob said, looking far more serious that he did normally, "Have you heard? The Lamia Scale guild- it's been completely destroyed! Its members are dead! Hibiki's magic shows there's one alive, being kept in the place you said Eisenwald was staying in!"

Makarov immediately turned very serious. "Have you sent anyone to contact the Council yet?"

Bob looked frantic as he replied, "No! We tried to call them by lacrima, and the lacrima lady said that the ID we were calling did not exist! Makarov, we need to meet up, and I need you to contact your Vampire."

"Right", said Makarov, already bringing out his second lacrima and clicking Natsu's ID. "Pick up, brat!"

It took a moment for Natsu to pick up. "Hello, master. The Council is apparently all dead, are you calling about that?"

"I'm calling about the destruction of the Lamia Scale guild- wait, what happened to the council?"

Bob, who could hear their conversation, was startled. "The council is what? Makarov-"

"Yes, I know, Bob." Makarov turned back to Natsu. "We need you all back here as soon as possible. Tell Lucy that her examination is cancelled, this is more important. Instead, she's going on a mission to destroy the Eisenwald guild, and rescue the last living member of Lamia Scale."

A noise came through the lacrima, a voice not belonging to Natsu's. "Hey, Ice Emperor and the other three guys, aren't you from Lamia Scale? What do they mean last living member?"

"Oh, no", Bob clarified, "I meant apart from the four people that disappeared to hunt a demon."

Someone shrieked from Natsu's end. "But- what about my sister? She has to be the last living member- right?"

Natsu sighed. "We're coming back, and we are also bringing an old member of Fairy Tail back, and also the first guild master. However, Gray seems like he wants to stay here to learn a new kind of magic he gained access to."

"Okay, okay, just come back soon!"

"Yes, we-"

"Hey, Natsu, wanna try out this new portal I made? It's still a bit unstable, but that's fine!"

"No, wait-"

Suddenly, Makarov could hear screaming above him. Then several people fell down from the sky, knocking over Makarov's drink.