Prologue

Flashback

I flash my mother the smile I'm gonna be giving to the photographer coming to my school today to take pictures. My front teeth in the middle is out and there is one in the back that is wobbling. My mother,Zhane nods her head and straightens out my collar on my white school t-shirt. She picks up the cocoa butter from the iron board before creaming my face like I'm 4 years old c'mon mommy I'm 6 years old now. I try to remove my face from the grips of her head while she trys to cream my face. "Y'know things have changed since you were a little girl in 2015,this is 2045", I complain. My mother shakes her head. "You are one crazy little girl but I know one day you will do something so great that not only will you change the world but you will make me so proud",my mother Zhane says putting the cream back in its original place on the iron board. "Love you mommy", I shout starting to walk out the door to where my Aunty and her daughter,my cousin Tamara are in the car waiting for me. As I walk out the door,I half-way hear my mom shout I Love You back.

End of Flashback

That was 8 years ago and nothing has happened. I actually still don't know what she means. I guess the time hasn't come yet. Oh my gosh,I apologise deeply for not introducing myself. My name is Angel-Marie Zarii which is pronouced Zah-Rye people, Zah-Ryeeee. Anyways, I am 14 years old and I live in a place called Americanah and I am on a journey. A journey that will not only take me out of Brooklyn, but out of America. Wait a minute,the world. So,hold on tight and get ready for the riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

What she doesn't know is that her whole life is gonna change ?