Chapter 1

I pull my goggles over my eyes before taking a deep breath,getting ready to swim the full length of 30m. That's it, I say to myself as I try to remember what leg and arm movements to make.
My mom taught me how to swim when I was 9. A lot of people say I look like my mother. Apparently, we have the same dark brown eyes,same chocolate skin and a head full of hair. Sometimes,I wish she would come back. You see,my mom disappeared when I was 12 and has been missing since.
My Aunty Lola,who has been my guardian since the disappearance, says that my mother is coming back soon. I was so busy thinking and swimming I didn't realise someone else's presence nearby. I turned my head through my goggles,I see a familiar looking girl. She has hazel brown eyes and curly brown hair, that I'm guessing by the size of her big bun which is plonked on her head,reaches her shoulders.She opens up her mouth to speak and the words spoken from her mouth seem to enter my head. It's like we are channeling off each other or I'm going crazy.

"Angel-Marie,you must fulfil your destiny and bring peace between Earth and Ęärt,otherwise there will be havoc. You must act quickly by finding the gateway to Ęärt. You will have help but there will be a certain phase which you will have to do on your own",the girl says before disappearing into thin air.

I must be dreaming. God must be tripping right now. After recovering from the previous event,I get up from underneath the water and swam back to the other side of the pool before getting out of the pool.

As I go under the shower near the dressing room,I start to wonder whether this is a sign from God? Who knows,I wonder. I squeeze past and through women (and some) men with their children. How comes there are so much people here today? Well,good thing I already had my time in the pool. When I come to the pool, I try to come as early as possible like 8.30am because c'mon now what kind of black person is going to wake up that early just to go swimming?

Other,than me.

You said nobody,my point exactly.

I go into an empty dressing room to get out of my swimsuit and into the clothes I wore here. Who is that girl I saw underwater and why did she look so familiar?,I ask myself putting on my blue tank top. Today,I'm rocking blue with a blue tank, a blue skater skirt, blue leggings, and blue docs. Before leaving the dressing room,I searched the room incase I left anything behind.

After double-checking I decide to she the bathroom so I won't have to stop at dusty old McNasty to use their bathroom. Nuh-uh, definitely not me with all those ghetto cashiers and the not even real fries. After doing my business I wash my hands while thinking about what I'm gonna have for dinner. Ackee and rice or callaloo and rice. Ackee and rice or callaloo and rice.

"You look just like your mother", someone says. I snap my head in an instance hearing the lady mention my mother.

"My mo-ther", I stutter,turning off the tap. It's weird hearing people talk about my mother especially as she wasn't really a social person ,it was just her and close friends and then mutual friends and of course family.

"Yes,your mother. Zhanè isn't.", the lady says,wiping her wet hands on her long olive green coat.

I don't reply but she continues anyway.

"It's a shame that your mother isn't going to be able to be so proud of you", she says taking a step towards me with every word spoken from her mouth. Every forward step she takes,I take a step back.
She finally stops walking towards me but it doesn't mean she stops talking.

"The thought of it just brings tears to my eyes",the strange lady says wiping away imaginary tears.

"Do you know why?", she adds with an evil smirk.

I raise my left eyebrow up in confusion before shaking my head slowly.

"Of course not,you probably won't even be able to live long enough to blink",she says.

Scared,I slowly tip toe towards the door. As I open it, I feel my body being pulled down to the floor,by some type of magnetic force or something.

"Aaagh", I scream as my back hits the floor and moan in pain. For a second,all I hear is water rising like there's gonna be a tsunami in the goddamn bathroom. As if on cue, water booms out of the tap and sprays the strange unknown lady. She gives me a death stare as if she knows what is going on while I gasps chocked. I touch my head as I start to feel a headache.
"I'll be seeing you soon, Ms. Akira Raheem", the lady says spitefully before disappearing into thin air,in her drenched clothes.

My day just keeps getting weirder and weirder. First,the girl in the pool that looks really familiar to me and now that strange woman talking to me like she knows me, like bruh. What's going on?