CHAPTER SIXTEEN

SEXUAL HEALING

SEXUAL HEALING

Ever since Michael had started working in the kitchen, Star had found it difficult to concentrate on anything else but him, the heat. She was grabbing a carton of cream from the fridge, relishing in the cool air when finger brushed along her hip and her breath hitched. Eyes fluttering shut, Star leant back into Michael's chest, his lips brushing against the shell of her ear, her neck. A gasp escaped her as his teeth gently scraped her skin before soothing the sting with his tongue but just as her hand began to curl up behind his neck, the bell at the hatch dinged.

The pair jumped apart, Star pressing her flushed face into the refrigerator as Michael turned to Maria "What?"

She gestured to the wrapped burger and Saturn rings "Is that my order?"

Michael sighed but handed it over before Star quickly grabbed the cream and headed out of the kitchen. She took a deep breath before going back out into the café, slipping around Liz at the counter as she the Parker girl sat in a daze, chin resting on her palm. Maria returned her eyes on Star before she scoffed at the dreamy expression on their friends face, the bowl of fruit forgotten beside her "Liz, nice strawberries." Liz snapped out it, knocking the bowl over in the process and Maria hunkered down to help her pick them up "Are you ok?

"Yeah, I'm..." she stammered breathlessly "I'm fine."

Star looked over at the door as the bell jingled overhead, spotting Max heading their way "Well, you have a visitor."

Maria got to her feet, plucking a clean strawberry from the bowl before making her way behind the counter as she and Star watched Liz lead Max into the break room. The DeLuca girl took a bite from the fruit before turning to Star "Now, it's your turn."

She avoided Maria's stare "What are you talking about?"

Maria scoffed "You think I'm blind to the heat between you and our new chef?"

"It's called a kitchen, Maria." Star walked away from her, cleaning up a table "It's notoriously hot."

"It's called sexual tension." Maria argued as she leant her hands on the back of the chair "Nd I could cut it with a knife. Oh, come on, Star, it's the year 2000. We are allowed to talk about sex."

Star scoffed, cheeks flushing "There's no sex to talk about."

Maria folded her arms across her chest "But you want there to be."

Star paused, biting her lip as she glanced over at the hatch where she caught a peak of hard at work, the taut muscles of his arms visible as he worked. The DeLuca girl shot her a knowing look before they were distracted by the break-room door swinging open, Max grinning as he strolled out, giving the pair a goofy wave. The girls shared a look before turning to see Liz following suit, straightening out her uniform, hair mussed and antennas crooked. The Parker girls eyes were blown, cheeks flushed as she walked to the counter in a daze.