1.

Late | FaTejo OS

Virk's House

There she was at the study table staring at the clock waiting for him. A text or even a phone call but neither came.

She was upset.

"What behaviour is this, Fateh? You could've at least given me a call or even messaged me to say you were gonna be late. But no! If you did then would be really be Fateh Singh Virk?", she thought.

She heard his footsteps as he entered the room, it was 10:00 pm. He knew she was upset as he told her he would come early. She didn't turn towards him, neither did he went to her. Instead he went straight to the washroom to freshen up as it was a long day at work.

"Sorry Baby, I'm late I know. There were some important work at the academy that had to be completed." said Fateh until Tejo interrupted.

"You promised. He wanted you there, in fact he needed you. Can you imagine how upset he is that his Dad wasn't there to see him on the stage today. He didn't want to go up there" Tejo said.

"Mumma!," Reyaan shouted as he entered his parents room.

Tejo signalled Fateh to apologize for missing the function as she hugged Reyaan and asked what the matter was.

"Dad's sorry he couldn't make it to the function but I have something planned for you," Fateh said as he knew how to pacify his son.

Fateh said he'll be back in a few as he headed out of the bedroom. Tejo knew Reyaan wouldn't be going to his room as he'll be sleeping with them tonight. Fateh came back with a glass of milk for Reyaan.

"Happy Birthday Kiddo," said Tejo as she kissed Reyaan's forehead as he's now asleep.

"Can you believe we made this miracle?" Fateh hugged Tejo as they both watched Reyaan fast asleep.

Tejo laughed at Fateh's question as she snuggled in his embrace and slowly drift off to sleep.
_________________________________________

Take care of yourselves munchkins, take necessary precautions to keep you and your families safe. 'Til next time, stay safe. <3
-A.