Chapter 2

Once she was selected following days went well, it didn't take much time for her to be one of the members of their company. "Adhira it's been days, why do you sleep so late? Do you even know how worried your mom is? She calls me every day and asks about your routine. I can't lie to her, everytime. If you continue this I'll tell her." Pranaya scolds Adhira. 

Adhira says "Oh babes, you know I have to complete this blog on time else my boss will be behind me." 

"He's cute but how can he do this to you. Anyways, I don't know, tomorrow we are going to the club and I wish you to come with me on time, without any excuse." 

"But Pranaya you know..." 

Pranaya pokes her nose "no excuse means no excuse, you have to come with me, all my friends are going to be there and if you'll not be there I'll miss you. You know how special you had been..." 

"Ok, now stop it drama queen I'll company you but what about lying to my mom?" 

"Why not last lie?" and they both gave a great bellow of laughter. 

The next night Adhira and Pranaya got ready for the club. Adhira wore a white button-up shirt along with skinny jeans twinning her boots whereas Pranaya dressed in an off-shoulder top and shorts with heels. Both of them took their cab and landed at the club where they peered through the fog of cigarette smoke at the loud, manic, overdressed crowd. More than two hundred plutocrats had crammed into the room for the kickoff party. The music was loud. The lights were psychedelic and the dance floor was inviting. It was 10 p.m. Pranaya encounter's a girl whose cold drink fell and she got mad at Pranay, suddenly her eyes fell on Adhira when she hugs her and exclaimed "OH Adhira, how come you are here, you never came when we asked you to be with us, is it because of that guy who stalks you?" 

Adhira curiously and a bit nervously questioned "is he also here?" 

"Yeah, he is with our group at the end of the table and I came to know about him, his name is..."

"By the way who is she and about which guy is she talking?" Pranaya interrupted. 

Adhira takes the lead "oh sorry, I just forgot to introduce you both" and began to address both of them and continued "and about that guy I'll tell you later." 

"You should make her learn to be careful while walking, we are drunk not she so you have to keep your eyes everywhere, anyways this time I will accept your apologizes but not next time."

The girl gives a cunning smirk to Pranaya, irritating her. Pranaya replies "well I don't need to remember this, because I'll be careful with the thing that I never meet you in the future, Adhira I need to go, my friends might be waiting. Hoping you'll be there too, by miss office friend, Myra". 

Adhira gave a confusing glance when Myra says "Ya, let's see, anyways listen Adhira I hope you remember about the invitation for my boyfriend's birthday party which is tomorrow so I am hoping to see you there" 

"Ya, I'll be there" Adhira smile and soon bid bye and further began to follow Pranaya. There Pranaya ordered a whisky glass for each of her friends, Adhira being their part was forced to drink, she wasn't into drinking but her excuse wasn't counted. Each drank two glasses, something sufficient to intoxicate a newbie. She was into her sense still she wasn't into her sense. Soon she took her steps towards the washroom, but before she could reach she lost her consciousness and fell. 

◆◆◆ 

The next day as she woke up she found herself in her bed and woke Pranaya too and spoke "Thanks". 

Pranaya cackled and replied "Ya welcome, but next time don't you dare to leave me alone at the club, it's scary to be alone in a cab." 

"Alone in the cab?" Adhira's eyebrow twitched a bit. 

Pranaya continues "of Corse, if you will leave me alone at a club, I'll have to be back by myself. By the way, how did you come?" 

Adhira became a bit more conscious "if you are playing with me then just stop, by now I am scared. Didn't you bring me back?" 

"Why will I joke with you? You yourself messaged that you are going home." Pranaya continued being vexed by now. "Do you know my friends were making fun of me for making you my friend, who leaves me..." 

Adhira interrupts "what are you saying? Last what I remember is that I collapsed at the washroom gate and" 

"And what? Did someone do wrong with you? Are you alright? Do you want to consult a gynecologist?" 

"Ya, no! I mean I am alright, I don't think that anything happened to me; it's just that I felt his presence." 

"Who is this 'his' now? Wait, I hope you are not talking about him. How could he be here, it's not possible it may be his memories don't you know wine results into memories" 

"But the thing is how I landed home?" Adhira was anxious. 

Pranaya added "don't worry, you might have taken a cab since you messaged me with your locked phone so it's obvious that due to drinking your memory is lost, now just get up landlord might come at any time"

 * * *

 Dear Elena, 

Today she was in my car 

Under the twinkling stars, 

She is a talkative girl, 

Her eyes are like pearls, 

Which seemed to be drunk, 

Still, she is as pretty as she had been once. 

But the most shocking fact is, 

she has the same password till the day 

Is that she still loves me or it's just a say? 

I hope she isn't the same. 

 Love Demon