Chapter 5

'Rain always has the power to unite the lovers.' Adhira updated her story and kept ogling. From the room came Pranaya in her nightdress. 

"Aren't you attending today's office?" questioned Adhira. 

"No, on such a rainy day I would like to have some coffee and a novel. Who will go out in the mud, my legs will get dirt which might damage my skin" replied Pranaya. 

"Ya, as if you have the most sensitive skin and you are the only one who has to struggle such days," Adhira mimicked with a laugh. 

"Of course, no one has such pretty and delicate skin in the world" and they both burst into peals of laughter. 

"I have to attend today's meeting so I am leaving, my cab might be waiting and if I get late don't wait for me just go to sleep, bye." 

"Of cores why would I waste my sleep for you, Bye" and their laugh never stopped. 

Adhira took her cab and landed at her office, with a bright smile. shit* she murmured. She wasn't expecting to see Natik that too on such a wonderful day. She didn't know what to do whether to hide her face or confront him confidently and be apologetic; she had to be on her words. She comforted herself, took a deep breath and soon took a glance at the reception where Natik was standing a moment back but he didn't seem to there, he just vanished. She looked here and there this time with the surprise of relief. He wasn't there, maybe he has gone, 'I wish he didn't see me' she said to herself and continued her steps towards her cabin with that same confidence and smile on her face which she had when she set on the way for office, greeting all for a good day. 

"Adhira, time for meeting" said one of her colleagues. 

"Ya, I am just coming" replied Adhira. 

She gathered her stuff from the desk and landed in the meeting room where with an appealing smile she took her seat and began to greet the members of another company. When her eyes caught Natik sitting on the last bench engulfed into the company's broacher and her smile turned nervous. He saw Adhira and Adhira murmured "oh, freak" and tried to hide her face by eyeing into the opposite direction towards the whiteboard. She got filled with feelings of guilt, embarrassment, nervousness, and all other feelings which she shouldn't have got at that moment. She tried to calm herself. Meeting began; she couldn't stop glancing at him and was always relieved since he wasn't viewing her. 

"Adhira" someone announced her name but she didn't seem to hear. "Adhira" this time much louder than before, Adhira heard it this time and so stood looking at everyone's faces who were staring at her she smiled understanding the situation, took her draft and began to explain, ended up with a thank, and was back at her place. She was amused by seeing her confidence and thought 'I didn't expect myself to be so confident. Was it because of his smile which comforted me? Why was that smile familiar?' once the meeting ended, Adhira decided to be apologetic but once again he vanished somewhere, this time this feeling wasn't relief instead it was of culpability. 

'Ok, let's take it in a positive manner. Talking to him might have messed up the situation.' She said to herself. It was raining heavily; she booked a cab to be back. She was waiting when a message popped on her screen stating, 'We are sorry, we will not be able to provide you any service today since all our cabs are full. As soon as any of the cabs will be free we'll inform you.' She frowned at the screen, but couldn't do much. She heard locking of locks from behind which made her shiver a bit, she glanced back and finding the security guard felt relief, but it wasn't for long. Soon came the guard to Adhira and requested her to be in shade outside since he had to lock the main gate, making the situation worse. She was continuously staring at her phone along with nervousness on her face. It was a cold, rainy, dark, and almost deserted street. She looked here and there when her eyes saw a car, a purple car, she felt someone's presence staring at her from the car which gave her goosebumps. She tried to ignore it, but creepy thoughts didn't escape. Her heart wrenched when a group of four guys was passing through the same street making her anxious, her brain alerts her. Those guys saw her and started laughing, which made her felt as if they were talking about her. She acted smart by acting as if talking to someone explaining her current address on phone, though there was no one on the other side. By now the group was close to her when that purple car arrived in front of her. Adhira didn't notice who it was until the window rolled down. She couldn't process it since it wasn't expected.