like gold in clear water

~ ♡ ~

   Smoking cigarettes on the roof. At least almost. The lighter was only a few inches away before Quackity spit it out and crushed it under the weight of his shoe.

   He grabbed his bag, throwing the box and lighter in, then tossing it to the ground. His body was leaning on the rails, watching students flow out of the school like a calm river stream. His face resting on the palm of his hand.

   People were talking and Quackity could hear them from up there, but there was only one conversation he was interested in. BadBoyHalos.

   You couldn't miss the brunette. His personality was impossible to ignore. Like gold in clear river water. A full moon in the pitch black sky.

   Quackitys eyes softened at the sight of the demon boy. He is adorable with the deep green mayflower sweater he had. It brought out his lighter green eyes. The sweater looked even better ontop of the black turtleneck he was wearing.

   He had a crush on Bad just like 4 others. How could you not like Bad? He's so nice and kind all of the time. One of those other people who liked Bad was his bestfriend, Skeppy, and Quackity absolutely hated Skeppy.

   Skeppy had the kind of relationship with Bad Quackity dreamed and fantasized about. Skeppy flirted and messed with Bad the way Quackity always wanted to. The reason for this hate for Skeppy was plain jealousy.

   His eyebrows furrowed when he saw Skeppy walking with him. And of course Bad was laughing at one of Skeppys jokes. Skeppy didn't know it but he basically just spat Quackity in the face.

   Quackity watched as they went to the grass patch by the school's gate. Bad was sitting on the grass and Skeppy sat next to him. This was when Quackity grabbed his backpack, swung it over his shoulder and went down the stairs back inside the school.

   The halls were practically empty, the only kids here were students doing some club work. Quackity jumped down the stairs and then he exited the school through the front gate.

   He was tired and just wanted to get home now. He was upset seeing Skeppy with Bad.

   He pulled out his phone texting Karl, a friend. As he was walking down the concrete path to the sidewalk he heard a familiar voice.
     "Hey! Quackity right?" It was THE Bad Boy Halo.

   Quackity froze. He thought he was a nobody, a loser too lonely, someone with too average looks to be noticed but no. Maybe he finally has a chance with Bad! Maybe... just maybe.. Bad liked him! The very thought made shades of pink rise in his cheeks!
     "Have you seen our friend Puffy? We haven't seen her yet."

   Now this must've been a new world record for the ending of the universe because Quackitys world ended in a matter of 5 words.

     "Hi Bad! Yes my name's Quackity! Have I seen y-your friend Puffy? Yes! I have- actually no. No, no I uh- No I haven't... sorry...... "

   Quackity mentally slapped himself. That was embarrassing, yikes, that was hard to watch.

   Skeppy whispered to Bad, "I think this guy is mentally ill."

     "Skeppy!" The other gasped and punched the blue hooded boys shoulder. "Sorry about him, so why are you sorry?"

     "Huh- what?"