☠️|Chapter 2|☠️

It took you about two hours to get Pietro off your back. All the while Wanda just laughed her ass off and had a fun time giving him cryptic messages. You on the other hand, received a mouth full of questions and quite the headache. You loved him dearly, you really did. You'd give the world for them both, but by God the things you'd give to get him to shut up.

"I heard the two got along, very well."

"Wanda, you're not fucking helping," you threw on a lab coat you had received the morning prior.

"Are you sure he didn't hurt you? Did he touch you? If so, where?" Pietro followed you swiftly through the corridors, his ice blue gaze examining your face for answers.

"Oh my God, I'm an adult." You huffed, "I don't have to tell you everything. I get it, I'm the youngest out of all of us, but goddamn!"

You managed to shove him aside, smirking as you whisked past him. "I've got work to do, I'll see you guys later!" You could hear Wanda snicker behind you, giving Pietro a slap on the back.

You were finally ready to begin overseeing the program. You and Zemo had been assigned a soldier of mostly unknown origin. Pierce claimed he was the one who showed the most promise in fulfilling Hydra's objectives. When you first saw him you had to admit, he was actually quite unsettling.

His metal arm coupled with the cold, mindless glare he gave you was definitely something out of a horror movie. Pierce had informed you of any procedures when it came to containing him, and gave you a book containing the commands to activate his soldier programming.

"I trust I can leave you to it?" Pierce handed you a clipboard, "If anything goes awry, do not hesitate to come to me."

"Yea sir," you nodded slowly, skimming over the information provided.

Your eyes shifted to the man strapped in the chair across from you. His dark eyes lifted to meet yours, causing your breath to hitch in your throat. After composing yourself you took a step forward, lifting your chin to show some kind of authority.

"Soldier?"

Slowly, his head fully lifted, allowing you a full view of his features. His brown hair was shaggy, falling at his shoulders while stray strands were plastered to his forehead by sweat. His unshaven scruff did not hide the thin scars that littered his face. And his eyes, blue yet lifeless. The closer you looked, you almost saw a trace of sadness in their depths.

"He won't answer you unless you activate him," Pierce removed his lab coat as he prepared to leave. "Whether he's mute or just being stubborn, I assure you talking to him is pointless."

He turned to leave, giving you a slight nod before exiting through the double doors. You set the clipboard down before walking closer to the soldier.

"Uh, so do you have a name?" Your voice was actually was actually a bit unsteady, "Or..."

He just stared at you, sending a shiver down your spine. You rocked back on your heels, adjusting your sleeve uncomfortably.

"Right then, good talk," you huffed. "Soldier it is then, I guess."

His eyes tracked you as you walked around the lab, assessing your every moment. You could feel his cold gaze on you, but chose to ignore it. Shifting through trays of needles and tweezers, you opted for a small cloth and disinfectant alcohol.

"I'm just going to clean your arm," you turned towards him. "My sister does the same for me, so my skin doesn't get infected."

You raised an arm to show him one of your bracers. Moving over to his left side, you assessed his body carefully and finally realized just how toned he was. Strong and built, whatever they injected him with definitely amplified his muscles.