Second Attempt

Somewhere in outer space, you and Nebula are playing soccer football with Tony watching the two of you in amusement. Nebula, frustrated, puts her hands in a fighting stance. "You don't need to do that. Because uh... you're just holding position." You said. Nebula flicks a paper football towards you. "Oh yeah, that was close." You said. Nebula once again flicks a paper football towards you. "That's a goal. We're now one apiece." You said. "I would like to try again." Nebula flicks a paper football towards you. "We're tied up. Feel the tension? It's fun." You said. You poorly flick a paper football towards Nebula. "That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win." You said. Nebula flicks the paper football towards you. "And... you've won. Congratulations." You reach your hand out to shake Nebula's hand. "Fair game. Good sport." Nebula shakes your hand. "Have fun?" You asked. "It was fun." She said. Tony smiled at the sight before going into another room. Tony Stark's hand reaches forward to turn on the helmet. he's sitting on the floor of a gloomy Benatar. The weight of the recent events of INFINITY WAR evident in Tony's posture. He taps the helmet with a sigh.

"This thing on?" The helmet scans Tony. Tony leans against the wall while taking deep breaths. He looks skinnier and weak with malnutrition. "Hey, Miss Potts... Pep. If you find this recording, don't post it on social media. It's gonna be a real tear-jerker. I don't know if you're ever going to see these. I don't even know if you're... if you're still... Oh god, I hope so. Today is day 21, uh 22. You know, if it wasn't for the existential terror of staring into a void of space, I'd say I'm feeling better today. The infection's run its course, thanks to (Y/n). Some fuel cells were cracked during battle, but we figured out a way to reverse the ion charge to buy ourselves about 48 hours of time. But it's now dead in the water. We're 1000 light years from the nearest 7-11. Oxygen will run out tomorrow. And that'll be it. And Pep, I ... I know I said no more surprises, but I was really hoping to pull off one last one. But it looks like... well you know what it looks like. Don't feel bad about this. I mean, if you grovel for a couple of weeks, and then move on with enormous guilt. I should probably lie down. Please know that... when I drift off, I will think about you. Because it's always you."

With that, Tony turns the helmet off. He rubs his thumb over the left eye, and then leans down, to what would be his last sleep. You walk over to him, and carry him to Drax's seat, and lie him there. You then sit beside him. A vast bluish nebula illuminates the space surrounding the ship. Soon you notice a bright light which grows brighter and brighter until Tony's forced to open his eyes. You look in shock out the window to see a young woman looking at the two of you with sympathy. Meanwhile in a bathroom in the Avengers compound. Steve Rogers is holding a blade, having just shaved off his beard. He sighs and looks into a side mirror. The mirror suddenly starts shaking, slowly at first, and then severely. Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Bruce Banner, and James Rhodes walk out looking at something, the Benatar carried by Carol Danvers as she lands the spacecraft. The landing gears deploy as they touch down. The entry hatch opens, and you, Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by you as Nebula stands behind you.. Steve runs to Tony to help him stand up. Tony grips Steve's arm as he joins him. "I'm so sorry, Steve. I couldn't stop him." You said. "Neither could I." He said. "I lost the kid." Tony said. "Tony, (Y/n), we lost." Steve said.

"Is, uh...?" Tony struggles to ask about Pepper. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" She and Tony embrace. "It's okay." Tony said. Rocket Raccoon sits down with Nebula and takes her hand, both silently mourning their losses. In the Avengers Compound, The heroes are sitting in a living room area. Tony is sitting at a table, getting blood for healing. A holographic casualty report lists the names and faces of those lost to the Decimation. "It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodes said. "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Natasha said. "Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked. "We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve said. You see Thor, sitting on a bench, seemingly deep in thought.