Life Is Restored

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse." A past you said in a hologram message.

In the Stark household. Tony, Pepper, Morgan, Happy Hogan, and Rhodey all watch your holographic message being projected from your magic. You are sitting down recording the message. "So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end." You suddenly get up walking towards his camera. "What am I even worried about? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to." You lean down and smile. You were looking straight at Tony. "I love you all." You smile as the message cut off.

Pepper carries a wreath out of the house to an audience waiting outside for the intimate funeral. She lays the wreath on the lake. Pepper, Tony, Morgan, Happy Hogan, & Rhodey, all being joined by Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, May Parker, Thor, Bruce Banner, Doctor Strange, Wong, Scott Lang, Hope Van Dyne, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym, Peter Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Teenage Groot, Drax, Mantis, T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri, Clint Barton & his family, Wanda Maximoff, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Harley Keener, Secretary Ross, Maria Hill, Carol Danvers, and Nick Fury, silently watching the wreath float away. Afterwards Clint and Wanda are standing by the riverside."You know, I wish there was a way– that I could let her know. That we won." He looks over to Wanda."We did it." "She knows– They both do." Wanda said. Clint gives her a side hug and Wanda reciprocates. "How you doing, Squirt?" Happy asked Morgan. "Good." She said. "You good? Okay. You hungry?" He asked.

"Mm. Hm." She said. "Cheeseburgers." She said. "You know (Y/n) liked cheeseburgers? I'm gonna get you all the cheeseburgers you want." He said. "Okay." She said. Following the funeral for you, Thor and Valkyrie are in New Asgard. "So, when can we expect you back?" Valkyrie asked. "Um– about that–" Thor said. "Thor. Your people need a king." Valkyrie said. "No, they already have one." Thor said. Valkyrie laughs. "That's funny. You're being serious?" She asked. Thor nods. "You know I'd make a lot of changes around here." She said. "I'm counting on it. Your Majesty." Thor offers Valkyrie a farewell handshake. "What will you do?" Valkyrie asked. "I'm not sure. For the first time in a thousand years, I– I have no path. I do have a ride, though." Thor said. The Benatar is parked on the cliff. "Move it or lose it, hairbag." Rocket said.

Quill is searching for Gamora on the screen as Thor walks in he closes it. "Well, here we are. Tree! Good to see you. Well–" Thor removes his shades and taps Quill on the shoulder. "The Asgardians of the Galaxy, back together again. Where to first?" Thor touches the screens map to pick their destination. "Hey, just so you know, this is my ship still. I'm in charge." Quill said. "I know. I know. Of course, you are. Of course." Thor said as he switched the map. "See, you say of course, but then you touch the map. It makes you think that maybe you didn't realize I was in charge." Quill said. "Quail– you– that– that's your own–" Thor said. "Quail?" Quill asked. "insecurities in there. Okay? I'm merely trying to be of service and assisting." Thor said. "It's Quill." Quill said. "That's what I said." Thor said. "You should fight one another for the honor of leadership." Drax said. "Sounds fair." Nebula said.

Quill looks around. "It's not necessary." He said. "It's not." Thor said. "Okay?" Quill asked. "I got some blasters, unless you guys wanna use knives." Rocket suggested. "Oooh, yes. Please, use knives." Mantis said enthusiastically. "Yeah, knives." Drax agreed. "I am Groot." Both Thor and Quill laugh but Quill tries to laugh harder. "Not necessary..." Quill said. "There shall be no knifing one another. Everybody knows who's in charge." Thor said. Quill glances at Thor. "Me, right?" He asked. "Yes, you. Of course. Of course. Of course." Thor said. "Now, remember– You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce said. "Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve said. "You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back." Bruce looks at Steve. "I miss her, man." He said.

"Me, too." Steve admitted. "You know, if you want, I can come with you." Sam offered. "You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve goes over to Bucky. "Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back." He warned. "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." They both hug each other. "Gonna miss you, Buddy." Bucky said. "It's gonna be okay, Buck." Steve goes over to the Quantum portal and dons the Quantum suit. "How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked. "For him? As long as he needs. For us? Five seconds." Bruce said. Steve picks up Mjolnir (2013). "Ready, Cap? Alright. We'll meet you back here, okay?" Bruce asked. "You bet." Steve answered. "Going quantum. Three, two, one–" Steve disappears into the Quantum portal. "And returning in, five, four, three, two, one–" Steve doesn't appear on the pad. Bruce looks around the equipment. "Where is he?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. He blew right by his time stamp. He should be here." Bucky turns around from the pad. "Well, get him back." Sam demanded. "I'm trying." Bruce said. "Get him the hell back!" Sam shouted. "Hey, I said, I'm trying!" Bruce argued. "Sam..." Bucky said. Sam walks toward Bucky. Sam, Bucky, and Bruce see old looking Steve sitting on a log. Sam and Bucky go near him. "Go ahead." Bucky has a smile forming and looks over to Sam. He walks towards the old man and instantly recognizes the now-elderly Steve Rogers. "Cap?" Sam asked. "Hi, Sam." He greeted. Old Steve looks over to Sam. Sam smiles. "So did something go wrong, or did something go right?" He asked. "Well, after I put the stones back, I thought, maybe I'll try some of that life Tony was telling me to get." Steve said. "How'd that work out for you?" Sam wondered. "It was beautiful." Steve said.

"I'm happy for you. Truly." Sam said. "Thank you." Steve said. "Only thing bumming me out is the fact I have to live in a world without Captain America." Sam said. "Oh, That reminds me." Steve brings out his shield. "Try it on." He said. "Sam look over to Bucky, who nods, and Sam holds Steve's shield. "How does it feel?" Steve asked. "Like it's someone else's." He said. "It isn't." Steve said. Sam tries to hold back tears. "Thank you. I'll do my best." He said. "That's why it's yours." Steve shakes Sam's hand. Sam sees elderly Steve's wedding ring. "You wanna tell me about her?" He asked. "No. No, I don't think I will." Steve said.

The End.