Chapter 33: Ignorance is Bliss

The weekend getaway was second only to Sarada meeting Boruto. They'd both looked back on their time thus far together and they'd shared so many endearing and intimate moments. It was pure bliss and now that they were back home, Sarada had the beautiful ring he'd gifted her to admire constantly.

The only time she removed it was during filming when she had no choice, and even then she pouted about it. Boruto would always keep it safe for her though and took it upon himself to slide it back in place whenever she was finished for the day. It made her heart palpitate and her breath catch in her throat. The look of love for her in his eyes just seemed so much more apparent. She felt so silly for ever worrying that he may want someone else. Felt so silly for being impatient when it came to their relationship.

Sarada loved him from the bottom of her heart and she had resolved herself because her love for him was enough.

She would wait an eternity so long as he stood by her side.

"Look, Mama, it's the most beautiful ring in the world." Sarada smiled dreamily as she was on FaceTime with Sakura, showing off the ring.

"It really is." Sakura smiled. "Boruto is a wonderful man and I'm so happy the two of you are finally moving forward."

"Finally," Sarada repeated with a laugh. "You've hoped for this since the beginning, haven't you?"

Sakura shrugged her left shoulder and grinned slyly. "Maybe."

"Tch. No." Sasuke came into the picture, shooting that down quickly. "He has to earn those rights... but he has."

Feeling tears begin to brim in her eyes. Sarada stared at her parents, lips quivering. "Mama... Papa... I love him so much. Soon, we won't have to hide anymore and I want that so much, but I'm just so happy as long as I have him."

"We know, Sarada. Where is he now anyway?"

Sarada wiped her eyes with a tissue and then blew her nose. "He had to go meet with Mitsuki. I'm in my dressing room." She sighed. "We just finished up, he should be back any second."

"He better be." Sasuke deadpanned and Sarada giggled when Sakura smacked his chest.

"He will be, Papa. He wouldn't leave me."

There was a knock on the door and Sarada looked over to it before looking back at her phone. "Well, I'll go now. Somebody is here."

After they said their goodbyes, Sarada ended the call and dropped her phone in her purse. Then she walked over to the door and opened it to find Shoyo with a big grin on his face.

"Coming in." He announced before walking in, leaving her no choice but to stand aside for him to enter.

"Well, come in." Sarada laughed and closed the door behind him.

"Let me see it," Shoyo said as soon as the door was closed.

Sarada turned to face him, blinking innocently. "Show you what?"

"Don't play with me." He demanded, taking her left hand in his and raising it for a look, eyes going wide as saucers. "Oh my god! This... this is the best day of my life!"

The actor took her hand and began nuzzling it against his cheek while putting on the dramatics. He was all whiny and fanboying, leaving Sarada to just shake her head at his ridiculous antics. Not that she could blame him though.

In fact, soon she couldn't help but succumb to the moment and both of them were left clinging to each other and ugly crying.

"I... I knew it... I al—ways knew." Shoyo sobbed over her shoulder and Sarada choked on a shaky inhale.