Chapter 17: Subtle and Not So Subtle Confessions

Boruto couldn't believe his luck. Sarada actually said yes to go out with him on a date. And it was her first date. He went through so much and pulled every single contact he had to make sure he could get the best and most romantic sushi restaurant in the city. The reviews for the food were great and the view of the city on the pictures looked amazing. He regretted not being able to take a look himself, but Mitsuki was able to visit and give instructions to make it perfect.

All for Sarada, and only for her.

Seeing her so happy all throughout the night made him feel so warm. He always knew he adored Sarada, even when she was starring on her first show. Her character always cheered him up but being with her—the real her—certainly couldn't compare.

She looked beautiful, and her happiness shone through her entire face. The photo he took of her would forever be on his phone's screen, maybe even have it printed so he could frame it, too. The moment was perfect and he wished he could stay in this state with Sarada forever.

His teasing even got her to feed him. It was a joke, but he wasn't going to pass that opportunity up. It all felt like a dream, and it refused to end. Boruto enjoyed her company, and as sweet as the desserts were in front of them, he would have chosen to have her lips on his lips over and over and over again. They kissed so much that her lips were starting to puff, and the blush on her cheeks made her look even more radiant than ever.

Boruto always said he was happy as long as she was. But seeing Sarada this happy, and know it was because of him, made him feel like he was on cloud 9. The whole place was theirs until midnight, and Boruto didn't want to leave at all. The wine was served and they both took a glass, talking lightly, faces always just a few inches away from each other.

The wine was loosening their tongues, making them kiss a little more, and Boruto being a little more shameless with the spots on her skin he was kissing. Every place that exposed her skin, he wanted to give it a kiss and sometimes, a little nip.

"Was there ever a time you wanted something so bad?" Boruto asked her, feeling a little light headed. "That you felt like you wouldn't survive if you didn't get it?"

There were a hundred things that Boruto wanted and got, and a thousand more that he didn't. But he was looking at the one person in the world that he wanted the most, and at least for now, she was his.

Sarada swallowed hard and nodded once. "Y-yes. Actually I... feel that pretty often."

"Really?" Boruto asked, a little too loud. He leaned on her shoulder and gave her big puppy dog eyes. "And you don't tell me? I would do everything to give it to you."

"Sometimes I don't want to tell you." She whispered. "It's best when you just do it on your own. Don't you think?"

He nodded. "Yeah... but sometimes it's easier to ask Mitsuki for help." Boruto took another sip of wine and sighed. "I did get something I really wanted and I did it by myself. It felt good that I got it... and still have it."

Boruto almost never let himself drink too much. He was still aware of everything and would remember all of it. On this level, he was just a little more honest, and a lot touchier than his sober self. He took Sarada's hand in his, putting his glass down on the table and rubbing his thumbs on her palms.

"You don't know how much it means to me to be your manager," Boruto muttered. "And how happy I was when you called me to tell me you wanted me."

He was only twenty-three and still inexperienced. The talents he was handling were all for small time indie films. One of the movies his talent participated in won an award, and even if it wasn't particularly for his talent, Boruto was still over the moon. It was such a long shot for Sarada to take his application, or even consider him to manage her, knowing full well how much star power she had. Sarada would have had more connections, known more people, and Boruto was still a nobody in the mainstream filming industry.