Chapter 10

Apparently, we can't stay because of the trouble I'd made. Gabriel told us it would be better for mother and I to go back to London. We are now standing in the middle of the house, facing Gabriel and my cousin Adrien. Even though my eyes were closed and my head was hanging down from guilt, I could still feel the glare from my uncle.

"That video you sent to my friends... unforgivable, Felix." I could tell Adrien was hurt.

My mom I could tell was going to comfort me later. "Now that his father isn't here to stop him from getting into mischie-" I put my hand up to stop her from defending me. Mischief? This was more than mischief. I'm not a kid anymore. I have to take responsibility like I should have that day. She immediately stopped talking and looked at me with a look in her green peridot eyes, maybe shock or confusion. Maybe both.

I turn my gaze to the floor, away from my mother's sight. "I don't deserve to be forgiven mom. I put my favorite cousin in danger. He's right. No apology can never be enough." I look up to have eye contact with him so he knows I'm not lying. "I just hope I can learn from this. Come back to see you as a better person someday." I put my hand out for him to shake and he looks surprised before taking it. I pull him forward while still having his hand and I embrace him. I can feel him getting stiff from surprise. Bet he didn't see that coming. He joined in the embrace soon after.

I pull back and put my hands on his shoulders. "I really am sorry. I'll do my best to make it up to you." Maybe give you a date with that bluenette that loves you.

I look up at my uncle while Adrien still looks aghast at my actions. "And to you too, uncle." I put out my hand for him to shake. I can tell he's hesitant about it.

"Goodbye, Felix." he walks a couple of steps in my direction before shaking my hand. Good, thanks for the ring uncle. While still having eye contact with him, I carefully slide the ring from his ring finger as we break away. I fold my hand into a fist to hide it from view.

I turn to look at Adrien one last time before walking back towards the entrance.

"Mwah!" Guess mom doesn't have anything to say. I can hear the clicking of her heels behind me.

"Felix, Wait!" I hear footsteps running towards the car.

"Adrien, stay here!" Guess Adrien wasn't supposed to run to me. But why would Gabriel be so protective? Is he scared I would do something to Adrien?

I look back to find Adrien with heavy breathing. Huh, I thought he worked out. Maybe he doesn't run much. "If you're feeling upset or out of control, just call before you do anything you might regret." That's really good advice. I'll definitely take it into account.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm really lucky to have you." I smile before I get inside the car and close the door.

As we left the Agreste's, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I take it out to see a new message.

"Who's that?"

I smile at the message. "A friend." I texted a reply and locked my phone.

"That's nice to hear. You can meet up with them once we get home." I turn to look at mom to see her smiling, her real smile. "If you want, you can even invite them to the house."

"I'll think about it. It's kind of last minute." Then again, I might need a friend... whether I like it or not.