Chapter 1: Better Dayz

.::Author's Note::.
I need opinions.

I want to enlighten those who don't know know what Jugg is. There are several different ways to define Jugg. I'm using it to describe Kema's way of making money.

(Jugg- betters one financially.)

"Cuz when the rain falls, it don't fall on one man's house top, remember that, see when the rain falls, it don't fall on one man's house top..."
_Lauryn Hill, "Gotta Find Peace Of Mind"

Tiana

8 months later...

Me and mama sat in the therapist's lobby quietly. We had been rarely speaking to each other since the incident transpired.

Mama had finally taken everyone's advice and took me to seek counseling. After what happened I didn't know if therapy would be enough.

I watched my mother get tormented and raped in front of me, which caused her to have a miscarriage. That was the saddest thing.

I wanted so bad to just hide from the world.

It seemed as if we were cursed. Mama never went into details about why Gunman and his friends came.

I looked over at Mama. I could tell that she was uncomfortable. She picked up a magazine from the table and flipped through it fast.

"Ma that noise is annoying." I smacked my teeth.

She rolled her eyes. "When you go talk to that lady, make sure you tell her your business, not mines."

"Yeah I won't." I smirked.

"Mrs. Lindsey will see you now." A slender white lady with long Brown hair came around the corner and announced.

Mama was only there to pay the monthly therapy cost. I adjusted my shoulder bag and made my way to the back.

Her office door was already open but I still knocked to show courtesy.

"Come in Tiana." Mrs. Lindsey smiled. She was real sweet. I had been coming to her for five months. We talked about everything under the sun.

"Hey Mrs. Lindsey." I waved.

"Nice to see you again." She smiled. "Have a seat sweety."

I sat on the brown cushioned couch across from her desk. She continued digging through paperwork.

"Give me a minute hun. I have to turn these in today."

"Yes ma'am. Go ahead." I nodded and turned my phone on silent.

"So tell me what's going on with you and Breya." She grinned exposing her one Dimple.

Mrs. Lindsey was in her mid 30s and tall. Her auburn hair complemented her pecan brown skin. She wore a black and white Alexander McQueen dress that came a few inches above her knees. Her jacket hung on the back of her desk chair.

"The same ole, same ole. It's fun. We have been going out a lot, just enjoying each others company." I sighed and smiled.

She returned the gesture. "Have you told your mom yet?" She stopped organizing her paperwork.

"No, but she has been wondering why we're together all the time." I looked down at my shoe.

"What did we talk about Tiana? In order for you two to have a better relationship y'all need to communicate more. What are you afraid of?"

"Her judgment." I shrugged.

"All you can do is try. Sit back and see what the walls gone look like."