Chapter 1: the beginning

Authors message:
So this is my first book! WOO PPAAAARRTTYYY!!! But seriously though I'm not the best at writing stories, but I have an idea for this ;)
-------------------------------------------
Alessia's Pov

As I slowly open my sleepy eyes, I think about the day ahead, what troubles I'll face and all that jazz.
But I am soon interrupted by a scream down stairs.
I sighed.
That scream belonged to my step mother (I actually have a step mother irl and she's really nice so this is not aimed at her), Fiona.

"Alessia!? Where the hell are you? You worthless girl?!" Screeched Fiona.
If i hadn't woken when I had, then I would be awake now. Her voice echoed through the house louder than church bells.
"Coming, I'll be there in a sec!" I called as I leaped out of bed and quickly started getting changed into normal clothes.
Me, Fiona and her two daughters, Alice and Dakota lived together in a two-storey house, but I was given the smallest room which was around  3 by 4 metres.

"A second won't work you little brat!" Dakota spat from some where close by.
My eyes widened.
She was coming up the stairs. Towards my room!
I heard her feet stomp on the ground, towards my door like she was trying to make the floorboards brake. No, literally, I swear I heard a cracking noise coming from outside my door.

I got changed into a pale yellow t-shirt, with flowy sleeves with denim shorts and dark blue thongs ( yes, I am Australian).
And just in time to, for when I slipped the things on, Dakota came barging into my room, disturbing the calm and quiet morning air.
"The hell are you doing?! You look like you came from the zoo! Oh, wait. You did!" She laughed, as she sashayed out of my room, knocking over my books onto the ground.
I never knew why she bothered to come in in the first place.
But I was used to this, for I was an orphan. My mother, April, died a couple years after my birth because of scarlet fever,and my father, Henry, was losing his sanity because of it. He then committed suicide by jumping of a 50m high bridge, called Melodious.
But before that he wrote a message to me or anyone who finds it. His writing was scrawly and rushed like he was being forced to write the note.

"I'm so so sorry, Alessia, or anyone who finds this... I caNt tAke iT anYMorE!" His hand writing goes a little more crazy here... "Please... Just... Make sure my little Alessia goes to a., SafE aNd LovInG HoMe..please... PLEASE!!!... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... Goodbye, my baby girl."

I actually have the note with me in a folder in my room, along with a wedding photo.
And A photo of my mum, dad and I. I was only little and remember scraps of memories of my mum and dad smiling at me with love.

I also have a photo of dad and I after mum died. My eyes showed that I was so sad at the time. But dad... He didn't look sad like me, yet he didn't look happy or angry. His unsmiling face and Broken eyes always made me wonder how he went insane.