The Voice in His Head

The ding of an email brought you a sense of relief as you discovered your package had delivered to the university's post office. Your final component of a gift you had arranged was awaiting your retrieval. Giving gifts was nearly as exciting, if not more exciting than receiving gifts. The look of joy along with gratitude and surprise made you feel warm inside. You prayed your recipient - Megumi Fushiguro would not find it weird.

Sure, your feelings for him had developed over the past few weeks, but you had given other people gifts. If he were to make a remark, you would tell him that you had given Yuji a bucket hat (apparently, he collected them and they looked nice on him) and you've given your dearest roommate plenty of things already.

The problem was you had no idea how to get to the school's post office. Maybe you had learned where it was from one of those dreaded school tours, but you could not recall. Between all the building and the offices and classrooms within them - you were overwhelmed.

You could go to a directory, but why do that when you could ask your friends from the comfort of dorm? Nobara was in class and so was Yuji. For Megumi you weren't sure. Overthinking made going to the directory seem like the easier route. You hadn't sent Megumi an individual text before - would he find it weird?

Who cares, you're just asking him for directions. It's not like you're asking him out!

You started to type.

Hey Megumi, Yuji and Nobara are in class, right? I don't know if you are but if not, can you tell me where the post office is?

You didn't want to make it seem like he was your last resort of people to text. Although he was - for timid reasons of course.

Hi, this is y/n. I wanted to know if you know where the post office is? I can't remember and

Of course he knew where the post office was. And there was no need to introduce yourself, as you were all in a group chat. It would be sad if he didn't save your number after all this time.

Why is it so hard to text you? It's not but it is at the same time

You deleted this just in case you accidentally would send it.

(You) Hey Megumi, I don't mean to bother you if you're in class or busy but where is the post office?

The vibration of the phone in his pocket alarmed Megumi as he slid on his shoes. His heart skipped a beat when he saw it was a message from you and it was not in the group chat.

He began to type. The bold part of him was advising him to walk you there and the fearful part of him had told him to just send you a message explaining its location.

(Megumi) You're good, I'm not in class right now. I could walk you there, I'm going to get food in that direction anyway

Your heart was pounding. The message was so casual, yet it felt like a major milestone in your eyes.

(You) That works, thank you!

(Megumi) Where are you right now?

(You) I'm in my apartment! I can walk over to you

(Megumi) No stay there

(Megumi) The post office is closer to you

(You) Ahh okay!

The soft knock on your door a few minutes later made you laugh to yourself nervously. What was there to be nervous about? Your friend was taking you to the post office.