The Talk

"So, Megumi, what's holding you back?"

Megumi froze. He hoped Gojo was not talking about what he thought he was referring to. Instead of opening his mouth, he just gave Gojo a confused look.

"You know exactly what I mean."

"Just tell me," he rolled his eyes.

"y/n," Gojo began. "You like her, right?"

"She's a great friend."

"Megumi, there are very few things you can hide from me, and your feelings are not one of them."

Megumi didn't say anything.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing," Megumi shrugged. "We're friends and I'm fine with that."

"What if Yuji asked her out?"

Megumi's eyes widened. Yuji didn't like you, did he?

"I'm just speaking hypothetically. What if someone starts dating her? You'd be okay with it?"

He shook his head. "I mean, if she's happy."

"What about your happiness?"

"I'd rather be sad than her be sad."

"Why are you assuming she would reject you?"

He knew Gojo was right.

"Maybe she'd be happy with you. You can't think that lowly of yourself."

"It's not that I think lowly of myself - I just think so highly of her. I feel like I don't meet her standards. She's too nice and I- I don't know."

Gojo smiled fondly at Megumi. He could tell he had been thinking about this for a while.

"The worst thing that can happen is she doesn't like you back, but from what I've heard about her and from my short interaction with her, I don't think it would ruin your friendship."

Megumi nodded. He never asked Gojo for advice, but he was suddenly grateful he received it. It was stuff he had thought of before, yet he needed the affirmation.

"Oh and to say the least - she thinks you have pretty eyes and that you're sweet so that's a start."

"Did you talk to her about me?" An unwelcome favor.

"Sure I did! I know everything I need to know," Gojo smirked.

Megumi wanted to ask what he meant, but he left it at that. He didn't want Gojo to get in his head. He already had you taking up that space.