Chapter one: The Meeting

When I was little my Grandmother would always tell me stories about Gods and what they would do, this one was always my favorite, "They say that there are gods from lands far away from our own. They would come down to check on us through their temples. Some of the Gods would help us out through tough times and heal the ground when it got hurt,"

      "Like the boo-boo's I get when I fall down" The little girl said.

       The grandmother answered, "Yes, but not all the Gods wanted to help us. The Gods that didn't want to help weren't bad, just a little mischievous. But there was one God who took one of their tricks too far and cursed the land, once that happened four new Gods were made. The little girl interrupted again, "Was that bad?"

       "Yes, but you must understand it was against the laws that the Gods had to make any more Gods, since the last new God they had made a great mistake and had to be put to sleep for a very long time, it had only been around more than 150 years since then and Mother nature and the other Gods were still healing from what that one God did."

       "What did that God do?" the little girl asked. "Well the trick he did was only so post to last a year sweetheart, but he made it too powerful for himself to handle and everything went out of control. So he had to break the law that was made to try and control the spell he did."

       "What was the spell?" The little girl asked. "Well the spell he did was simple, but if done the wrong way or purpose, can turn out really bad. Now if I remember correctly the spell had these words to it; 'Oh skies, the land of us, may you bring upon the four great sages, whom were locked away till thy end and place them in the mortal land for, we, the Gods of the land can bring upon a new era.' My grandmother after saying those words seemed to glow for a bit, like she was saying the spell herself.

       After she said those words I asked her so many questions like; 'Who were the sages?' And 'What was the new era?' She answered them all, but when I grew up I began to forget the sages and who they were and what the new era was. Stupid me thought I could remember it, how funny.

       It really didn't bother me though. Silly stories like that weren't real. Oh how wrong I was.

                                                                                    ~~~

        "Sorin, wake up! You're going to be late again!" Sorin's Mother yelled up the stairs. I bolted up from my bed and quickly got dressed. I wore my usually black hoodie, with a light grey tint top, and navy blue jeans. I ran down the stairs and yelled to my mother that I was leaving, but of course she stopped me.

        "You're not leaving yet until you tell your grandmother goodbye." my Mother said, standing in the way of the door. I quickly went to were grandma was and looked at the picture of her and said, "Goodbye Grand Mama."

         I quickly went back to the door to get on my shoes, my Mother gave me a shopping list and I was on my way. This would be now my fifth, sixth?, time moving to a different town now. We might as well move into a trailer, not a house anymore.

        I'm going to my new school. I turned left then made a right and now I'm lost. 'Just great, I should have brought a map with me or have asked Mom to give me a ride.'. I try to retract my steps I took and got even more lost. 'Just great today is not my day is it?'

        I walked into another dead end and tried to walk out of it till I began to hear something from around the corner. I peeked around the corner to see a Tall, simi-buff, puffy orange hair lady smoking. She had about three guys on each side of her. They looked pissed, one of the men was yelling at her, but I couldn't understand them. The man yelling took a step closer to her and smacked the cigarette out of her hand. She looked at the cigarette on the ground and within a flash the man that was next to her was set ablaze.