Chapter three: Diner Guest Surprise

I had given Summer directions to my house, she followed them without getting lost. When I saw my house my Mom and I had just moved into, I began to run towards it. I saw my Mom outside waiting for me. I jumped into her arms, the hugs she gave to me always felt so warm and nice to be in. I let her go, "So school today was okay?" Mom asked with her smile that made me feel like I was at home. "Yeah, it was alright I would say." I said. My Mom had looked over my shoulder, then I turned around to see what she was looking at. It was Summer, smoking, looking at us.

    "So who is she?" Mom asked. I didn't know what to say, I didn't want my Mom to know the whole story of what had happened today, with the magic and getting hit by a powerful spell. Before I could come up with something, Summer was already talking to my Mom, after putting out her cigarette and walking closer to us. "I'm Summer Miss, I helped your daughter get to school and helped her with coming from my Sister's house." Summer said, looking my Mom in her eyes. My Mom smiled, "Aw, thank you for helping my daughter then," my Mom turned to look at me, "I really thought that she was being followed." I looked down at the floor for a bit, it wouldn't be the first time if someone did follow me home.

    "Well since you're here, do you want to join us for dinner?" Mom asked, smiling at Summer. I looked at Summer now, waiting for her answer. "I'll love to, Miss." Summer said, giving my Mom a small smile back. Summer's small smile was cute, like a kitten sneezing. "Good, now let's get inside before we begin to bother our new neighbors." my Mom said, walking into the house. Before I entered the house for dinner, I turned around to look at Summer. Summer looked at me, "I want to t-talk to you after dinner." I said, walking into the house.

    When I walked into the house I could smell the freshly seasoned cooked meat from the front door. It smelt like the house we all used to go to, before my Grandma and Father had passed. I walked to the living room, where all the food my Mom had cooked was out. There were only three foods on the table, but I couldn't be happier and full. I took a seat at the table. Summer had taken a seat across from me. My Mom had taken the last seat at the table, placing the plates on the table. I took a plate and kissed my Mom on her cheek, "Thank you Mom for the food." I smiled. My Mom smiled back at me, "You're welcome, now go on and eat, it's your favorite."

    My Moms cooking always had a way of making me feel happy, it also tasted really good. It had a taste of motherly love that never really left you until you had gone to sleep for the night. "So what do you do for work Ms. Summer?" Everything went silent. I had food in my mouth at that moment, Summer was about to put food in her mouth, my Mom hadn't even touched her food. 'Did my Mom plan to ask her that? Of course she did, my Mom would never leave anything to luck, but why now though?' Summer put the food back on the plate, "I work at the school as a janitor." Summer said going back to eating the food. "Really? I thought you worked a tougher job from what you are wearing. You must be burning up darling." Mom said, finally touching her food. "Yes, that's what everyone thinks, but I'm actually very cold during this time of the year." Summer said, her plate was now empty. "Thank you for the food, do you mind me staying a bit longer?" Summer had asked. "Of course darling! I love having someone to talk to. Sorin, would you mind doing dishes tonight?" Mom had asked, looking at me with the happiest smile I had seen on her since 2 years ago. "Yeah, I'll do them. Just don't do anything too crazy, well I do them." I said, laughing a bit with a small smile. "You know I would call you if anything were to happen." Mom smiled at me.

    I went into the kitchen and began to do the dishes. From where I was I could faintly hear what they were talking about, but mainly I was focusing on the happy tone in my Mom's voice. I smiled to myself and quickly finished up the dishes, going back to them.

    I walked up behind Mom, given her a hug and placing my face on top of her head. My Mom was holding a book that had the woods 'Pictures' on it, "Whatcha looking at?" I asked, at that time I had forgotten we had a guest at home. "I'm just showing Ms. Summer here some of your old school photos. Oh! Here's the one I told you about!" Mom smiled, taking the picture out, handing it to Summer.

    The picture was old, it was me when I was 5 years old. I saw my Grandma, my Father, and me. We were all smiling. We were all on the ground being surrounded by multiple different flowers and colors. I was in the middle of both of them. I smiled a bit when I saw the picture. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

    "Oh! Look at how cute Sorin is in her summer dress! Also look at how cute she looks in pony tails! I told you Sorin was a colorful girl when she was little." Mom smiled, she went to grab another picture book that she had on the coffee table. They spent a bit of time looking at pictures of me with my Grandma, Dad, and Mom. Some of the pictures were from clubs I joined before we had to leave. Summer looked like she was enjoying seeing the pictures just as much Mom loved showing her them.

    'I know I have just met Summer, but I feel really relaxed next to her. She is also making Mom smile, so I should trust her a bit more.' I smiled to myself, checking the time on my phone. It was almost 11 at night, it has been 3 hours since dinner and 3 hours of having Summer in our house!

    I cleared my throat, getting both of their attention, "I t-think it's about time for Summer to go home." My Mom pouted, "I was hoping she could stay longer." I sighed, "Maybe she can come over another time Mom." Mom stopped pouting, "Okay, Ms. Summer it was lovely having you here. I do hope you come over again." Mom smiled at Summer. Mom began to put away the pictures, while I was looking at Summer. Summer was still holding onto one of the photos. Her eyes were filled with something new, something I had never seen in anyone else in my entire life. Summer looked up from the photo, looking at me. "May I ask you something?" Summer asked, turning towards my Mother who was at the bookshelf placing the photo albums away, but keeping her gaze on me.

    "What is it Darling?" Mom asked not turning her back to see Summer. 

~~

AN: I will be rewriting this series so this chapter is incomplete. I will be posting this as a finished book, but dont worry the remake of 'Four Hearts' is on it's way. I hope you all will stay tone for the remastered edition of 'Four Hearts'. Thank you all for reading the original, aka this one. See you all soon!