𝖎. A BAD FEELING

chapter i

chapter i.   maneater
A BAD FEELING

  "What are you going to wear tomorrow?" The voice of Mandy Jacobs rang through the speaker of Heather's phone

"What are you going to wear tomorrow?" The voice of Mandy Jacobs rang through the speaker of Heather's phone. The brunette hummed, searching through her closet for an outfit she had yet to wear, although it seemed impossible due to the fact that she felt like she'd worn everything in her closet. The last thing Heather Diaz wanted to be was an outfit repeater.

"I don't have anything to wear." Heather complained, letting out a sigh of irritation. The blonde on the other end of the line rolled her eyes. "And it's too late to go shopping."

"We'll have some time tomorrow." Mandy replied, hoping that would comfort her friend in some way. It hadn't, but at least she made some effort. The brunette shook her head, taking a handful of clothes out of her closet and throwing it on the ground.

"I'll just...have to go shopping some other time." Heather replied with a sigh of disappointment. The brunette chewed on her bottom lip, looking down at her clothes she had just thrown on the ground. She began to make two piles, clothes that she would donate and clothes she wanted to keep.

"You usually have a new wardrobe before the start of the school year." Mandy noted, lazily flipping through the pages of a magazine, her feet swaying in the air. She could hear the noise of hangers hitting each other on the other end of the line. "What happened this time?"

"I got distracted." Heather admitted, sorting her clothes out. Most of it had gone in the donation pile, knowing very well she would rather be caught dead than wearing the same outfit again. Plus, donating clothes that were so out of season to the less fortunate made her feel so much better about herself.

"Let me guess, Stilinski?" The blonde replied in a tone of disgust. Heather remained quiet, not wanting to admit that she had spent most of her summer with Stiles and Scott to Mandy Jacobs. It's not that the brunette was embarrassed to admit that she was best friends with the boys, it's just that Mandy had very strong opinions on them and Heather didn't want to hear it.

Although her silence had given her away.

"God, Heather. You can do so much better. Like, seriously? Why Stilinski? If you're that desperate, I know a bunch of guys that will willingly hookup with you." The blonde ranted over the phone. She had thrown her magazine to the side, her mood souring because of Heather and her poor choice of friends. On the other side of the line, the brunette glared at her cellphone, wanting nothing more than to throw it across the room to silence Mandy.