Chapter 1

There are certain Japanese terms in the novella which you may not understand. So here are the meanings of the terms.

1)Samurai: a japanese warrior caste during medieval times.

2)Shinobi (ninja): a mercenary who was appointed for espionage, assassinations, and spying.

3)Jito: a regional ruler of a particular territory within Japan.

4)Nihon: Japan

5)Katana: a curved sword used by the samurais

6)Nagamaki: a sword with a very long hilt

7)Yari: Spear

8)Shogun: Military dictator ruling all over Japan during Medieval times

9)Tatakae: Japanese word for "fight"

10)Daimyo: Rich Japanese landlords during medieval times

11)Naginata: a pole sword

I would like to specially thank Arsh Munshi for helping me out in the mythic tales, and escape to Okinawa arks.

Chapter 1

A New Horizon

After the bloodshed and the martyr of eighty samurais,and the slavery of hundreds of people, Tsushima island was finally liberated from the clutches of the Mongols, soon after the death of Khotun Khan. The barbarians were either imprisoned or later beheaded. Agriculture flourished, and paddy fields sketched the lands of Tsushima, peasants emancipated and Mongol outposts burnt down. Towns erupted in celebrations and remaining samurais feasted on exotic chicken meat and drank cups pf sakè. Often when they passed around roads, people would throw sakura blossom flowers at them for their brave acts.

New clans rose, and new samurais were born two years after the liberation. Lord Yarikawa had turned 74 and his five sons had younger sons, and some of them had turned fourteen so they were ready for battle. One of Lord Yarikawa's sons, Yarikawa Koga formed a subsidiary Clan, and began recruitment of troops from peasants tilling the nearby paddy fields. He was a maestro of the "dance of wrath", and sought to keep this deadly katana move alive, so he also trained the peasants, and his two sons about this deadly move. A few months later, he had an army of fifty or more, and he took some part of Lord Yarikawa's land and formed Clan Koga in Toyotama.

Yet, numerous such clans were outclassed by the great Clan Fujiwara. Its leader, Minato Harunobu no Fujiwara, commonly called Lord Fujiwara married to Matsuzaka Fujiwara, was the Shogun's most trusted and loyal samurai in Nihon. He wished to train his son, Shinzo, to be a samurai, once he was old enough. Minato
had never lost a single duel, and had maintained peace and prosperity in his province, which spanned over central Toyotama. He was a descendant of the Adachi Clan, and with subsequent increase in power, Minato occupied Castle Shimura with his samurais in Toyotama. Fire had taken its toll on his face in an accident. Hence, his face was always covered with bandages, with some areas near the eyes and mouth uncovered.

Before all the glory Minato had attained, he needed qualifications to form his own clan, as. While Minato desired to make a clan of his own, he had to take permission from the Shogun to form one. He reached the Shogun's castle at Kyoto in the mainland with his aunt, Masako Adachi, as evidence that he belonged to a samurai family. Clan Adachi was already in its ruins, as there was almost nobody except for Lady Masako to take over the Clan. Minato was apparently the only successor to Clan Adachi, as her sons were already dead, and she herself was too old, and therefore she thought it would be a nice idea to form a separate Clan.
It was the first time Minato had ever gone to the mainland. After their journey to Kyoto, both of them landed on the mainland. The areas seemed not much different from Tsushima. However, the castle was massive. As he moved on to the main building, he stared surprisingly at the resplendent walls on the sides of the huge water moat. Around the main castle building, there was a gigantic Garrison, with hundreds of samurais guarding the place. Within the walls of the Garrison, there were stone paved lanes and alleys with ration shops and fish markets, cotton textile shops, blacksmiths, florists, fruit shops, huts, tightly packed crowds, villagers living in cottages, workers walking with wagons. On his way to the castle, he saw many children running, laughing and enjoying their joyous childhood.