Chapter 1.)

"Ziana! Hurry up, we have to get down there and meet your father!" my mother said, walking into my room where the maids were helping me get ready. i was about to make a remark about how it was my fiance, and that she was more worried about the meeting to start planning the wedding than I was, when my nanny and personal maid replied on my behalf, "princess Ziana is almost ready, your majesty"

    My nanny (whom i call nonna) has always been good at dealing with my mother, ever since i was a child and would get my dress covered in mud, or she would find my brothers trying to teach me how to fight and use a sword, nonna would be able to get her to calm down, at least once in a while.

    Nonna is a short, plump woman, with greying hair usually worn up in a tight bun. You can almost always find her with a smile on her face, I've only ever seen her angry a few times (usually at her husband or one of my parents) and it's scary; cursing people out in her native language, waving whatever is closest to her at whomever was unfortunate enough to make her angry.

    Breaking from my thoughts, I glance in the mirror at a total stranger. The person staring back at me wasn't the girl I knew. This reflection I came to expect was slightly too short, standing at barely 5''4, with small boobs, unruly hair with bags under her eyes, and a  long spindly arm that just seemed awkward and out of place. No. this girl-neigh, this women staring back at me had gorgeous midnight black  hair, tied up in an elegant bun with pieces pulled out to frame her round face, her almond shaped eyes were were accented with ethereal pink and gold makeup, her skin looked dewy and soft, like the grass after a spring rain, her cheeks contained a healthy flush that made her seem all the more alive. She was dressed in a flowy white and gold fit and flare dress, that was longer in the back than the front and hemmed in gold silk, her sleeves gathered at the shoulders and ended in another gather just above her elbows where they became loose and flowy with a slit up the center front for ease of wear.

    I was pulled from my thoughts by nonna speaking to me "You look beautiful, Zia" she stated with such certainty it almost made me believe it too.. "Thank You nonna, you did a good job" i replied with a tight lipped smile " and finishing touches..." she nodded, acknowledging what I said.

    I watched in the mirror as she walked over to my desk, picking something up, then walked back over to where I was standing in front of my mirror "and..... There! Now it's perfect!" she said, laying a thin chain delicately across my neck, the familiar weight of the charm comforting my racing heart,whilst simultaneously making me think I'm experiencing a heart attack. The delicate lines and curves of the set wings are a constant reminder of the possibility of failure if prince duncan were to call off the wedding.

    Taking a deep breath I steeled my nerves and started walking towards the sitting room, preparing myself to, for the first time, accept my fate and prepare to marry someone over four years older than me.

Reaching the sitting room, I draw in a quick breath, and knock on the door. Before I have time to back out, our head butler James opens the door,  allowing me to step inside. Looking around I let out a breath, my fiance and his family have yet to show up. Continuing to look around. I lock eyes with my father.

"Ziana! Good, you're here," he spoke with a light tone, standing up and walking over to where I was standing by the door.  He put his hand on my shoulder in a comforting touch, stepping back to hold me at arms length, he took in my appearance with a tight lipped smile.

Guiding me to sit down next to my mother, his entire mood changed. The next words from his mouth set me on edge. "Ziana, you know how so many kingdoms don't want this marriage to happen, right?" he spoke fast, with a worried aura about him. "Yes..." I responded with an audible waver.  "If something happens today, Micheal will take you to the demonic kingdom to finish going through with the wedding. He has a bag with a change of clothes for you and some extra supplies."
Michael is our head guard, and is like an uncle to me. I knew that if something did happen, I would be safe with him.