chapter 1

(Authors p.o.v)

Bucky rushed home as fast as he could considering he was drunk. He had been out all night with the guys from work. He had cought site of the clock on the wall at the bar and he almost died on the spot his heart dropping into his feet as he turned white as the paint on the walls. He stood up so fast he fell over from the rush it gave him. Stumbling up he bid the guys a quick goodbye and basically ran/ stumbled out the bar. He did that almost the entire way home.

He was scared freak out even, he was out 4 hours past the time he was supposed to be and to say he was scared shitless by the man who was waiting at home for him was an understatement. He stumbled up the steps of the house and before he could even pull out his keys frantically the door slammed open. Bucky froze he looked up and saw a beyond fuming Steve in the door way and if he wasn't shitting himself before he was now because the look on Steve's face and in his eyes had him shaking.

Steve was normally a very cheerful happy out going funny and charming person.
He loved to paint and make people laugh. He always fought for others even if he ended up in alleys half alive with an asthma attack on his heals. But God forbid the man who gets him angry enough that he makes that look. Hes given bucky this look but never like this one. This one was different and held something deeper it instilled fear in bucky from his smaller friend.

"S-stevie i-i can explain-" he started before Steve depend the look at bucky.

It was almost as if bucky could see the steam coming out his ears his face becoming red as he grew angrier. Bucky looked down trying to curl away from the look he was receiving. Steve let out a sound that almost sounded like a growl. Bucky let out a soft whimper. He didn't know what was going to happen but he didn't want to test his limits that already didn't exist. Steve stepped aside and pointing into the house.

"Inside" he said with such aggression. Bucky could feel the rage that dripped from every letter it made him shiver. He looked at Steve then looking down he stumbled into the house trying to walk as best as possible not to anger Steve anymore. He went and sat on the couch. Steve came back with a glass of water and handed it to bucky he sat down in the arm chair across the apartment.
Bucky quietly sipped on the water as Steve just stared at him with the same look. Bucky got up and moved toward Steve he didn't know what to do or say so he got on his knees and placed his head on Steve's lap and broke down.

"Please don't be so upset with me Stevie I swear I lost track of time I-im s-orry" he chocked out over his cries. He didn't dare look up at Steve he knew better than that.

"Please Stevie don't be mad at me" he cried he was scared and confused.

He was worried what his friend would say and do. He knew how strict the time curfew was and how regularly reminded he was everyday before he left for work. And now he showed up 4 hours later god only knew what Steve would do. Bucky felt a hand on his head stroking his hair and he almost jumped up. He sobbed louder at the forgiving gesture. Steve was forgiving him reassuring him. He felt a grip in his hair and he gasped. His head was yanked up and pulled back he cried out in pain.

"If you ever do that again your sleeping naked on the porch got that Barnes" he said sternly eyes hard with anger in them. Bucky whimpered.

"Yes Stevie" he said as Steve let go. He pulled bucky into a hug.

Bucky leaned up as Steve scooted closer hugging him tightly as he pulled him closer. He rubbed at his back shushing him. Steve sighed with his own kind of relief knowing that bucky was ok. He'll admit that he was worried sick ran through half the neighborhood before he saw him at the bar. He walked home and waited for him to arrive.

" You had me worried sick" he whispered into Bucky's hair. Bucky hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry Stevie I swear I didn't mean to" he whispered back with a shuddered breath.

"I ran through half the neighborhood checked every alley and behind different bars before I saw you in one". He sighed again this time all his anger melting away as he swayed them.

"I was so mad I just walked home and waited for you. I was scared buck that you were hurt somewhere or to drunk to make it home. Or you were hurt but you were just in a bar oblivious" he scoffed as he smelled Bucky's hair feeling soothed by the scent. Bucky nuzzled into Steve feeling calm and relaxed now.

Steve pulled away he held Bucky's face in his hands. He looked at the dazed and drunken innocent look on his face. He looked lost behind the eyes confused even love. He looked at Steve with love and sadness. Steve caressed his cheek as he stared In to his eyes.

"Promise me that next time you will look at the time or atleast let me know before hand if you are going to be out late ok?" He asked caressing his cheek again looking between his eyes.

"I promise" he breathed out. Steve leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his lips. His friend was many things but a liar was not one of them. He pulled away to see a satisfied look on Bucky's face he liked it. He liked Steve.

"Stevie..." He said confused

"Shhhh let's get you to bed you must be tired" he stood up helping bucky to his feet.

He brought him to the bed laying him down as he tried to hug Steve. Steve smiled as he helped bucky out his clothes. He pulled the blanket over him. Bucky pulled Steve down cuddling him as he fell asleep Steve didn't fight him he just held him close as he fell asleep.

"I'm sorry" he said as he fell asleep

"It's ok just sleep" Steve said as he fell asleep.