final

"You..were joking, then?"
"What?" Orange said.

"You don't really have a crush on me, do you?" Pear said, trying to hide the pain in his voice...why was he hurt?

"I..." Orange paused. If he lied now, he would never have this chance again. Pear, being respectful, would never bring this up again and they would carry on with their lives as they were.

That wasn't right.

Orange wasn't just lying to Pear, he was lying to himself. He could tell there was fear in Pear's words; he knew that there was something.

"I..." Orange took a breath.

"I am in love with you Pear."

He had done it.

He had finally confessed.

So why did he feel so...empty?

When you confess the feelings you've had for someone, and they finally understand, you should be glad, right? You should be relieved that they know now. Even if they don't feel the same you were still able to work up the courage and tell them how you felt all on your own. What was this?

"Yes, I said it. I'm in love with you Pear."

Again. He said it again and he didn't feel anything more or less. Why?

Pear looked at Orange's unusually blank face. A face that would once be constantly laughing, smiling, singing, was now blank and expressionless.

This was his fault.

Pear shouldn't have cornered him like this.

He shouldn't have..gotten involved. Even if he was the object of Orange's affections, this was...

"Pear?" Orange said.

Silence.

"Pear...why are you crying?" Orange said, feeling as if he were also about to cry.

"I'm sorry...even after you confessed to me, I still can't make you happy.. I really am such a boring existence." Pear said, sobbing.

"Hey."

Pear paused.

"Hey Pear. Hey! Pear. Pear! Hey Pear!"

Pear exhaled.
"What?"

Before Pear could say anything, Orange kissed him.

"Why did you do that?" Pear said.
"You don't even know if I like you back?" Pear couldn't hold his tears back any longer and started wailing.

Orange sighed.
"Pear, we've known eachother for years, of course I can tell how you feel. Why do you think I annoy you the most? Hahahahaha!"

Orange's beautiful laugh echoed throughout the kitchen. His presence was more overwhelming than Big Chungus (when he appeared in space jam 2 I almost cried)

"Orange..you.."
"Come on Pear. I have a new idea for our video: HOW2 Confess your love! Hahahahaha!"

"Orange.." Pear smiled.
"You're not funny."

~~~~

This is dedicated to Daneboe for making/ruining 3 years of my childhood I can never get back.