Prologue

Z A C H A R I A H

I woke up feeling a warm and wet thing on my lips as soon as I tried to open my eyes a woman welcomed my sight.. A beautiful woman who can robed the air on my lungs, ah, waking up like this is my favorite part of the day.

"Wake up na po kuya," I frowned at her when she called me like that, again. "Umaga na naman pero sinasalubong mo agad ng pagsibangot!" Her lovely lips pouted.

She's sitting near at my abdomen, nothing is new this is our morning routine. Waking up with her, minutes of cuddling before preparing for our works. Still laying on the bed I wrapped my arms on her tiny waist that travelled on her back and pulled her closer to give her a tight hug. "You're so beautiful," I said as I sniffed on her neck inhaling the natural vanilla fragrance.

She chuckled giving me the equal ferocity of my cuddle, "syempre naman saan ba mangagaling ang pangalan kong Beau? Edi sa beautiful." I chuckled at her, I closed my eyes again to feel her more intimately. Contented, peaceful and especially happy.

Happy the way it is. Happiness washing over me.

I knew I wasn't a perfect person to be chosen, everything on me are like unknown and one thing included on that is happiness. Spent my years from wondering what it genuinely feels like. Some people are happy achieving their goals, some are happy having a stable job and financial factors, some are contented and found happiness in the form of marriage, some are happy because of their family, some spent their lives proving and making their own name on their chosen field.

But how about me?

My long lasting question. I got a job and money however, I couldn't feel the happiness. I loved someone and gave her all the things I owned even my heart who I knew she won't take still, I wholeheartedly offered it to her but then it ended tragically when she choose the one whom she truly desired, I made a name for myself, I got all the things and material factors everyone wanted, I got my family despite of my mother commiting suicide because of depression when I was younger, too near to reach but too far to feel.

I whined. "I don't want to go..." Like a child throwing a tantrums. "Can we stay like this for the rest of the day?" Trying to work out my charm.

Instead of giving in, my Beau gave me a disapproving look. "Ion, marami na tayong nagawa kagabi huwag ka munang sumunod. Medyo mahapdi pa e," she complained. I felt a sudden guilt.

Well, we had really a rough night together. "I'm sorry,"

She smiled. "Ayos lang gusto ko naman. Masarap e," taken a back hearing her answer. "Pero sige na tumayo ka na at mag-aalmusal na tayo. Ilang linggo nalang uuwi na tayo ng Pilipinas." It's getting near and near.. Our wedding.

Continuing to tuck her on my arms I stole another peck, "you're so excited. Can't wait to see you on the altar future misis Salvador." Teasing.

Beau's chuckles are like music on my ears. She's like a good dream that can't help me on wanting to be trap in there just to be with her. "Syempre naman na miss ko na kaya si Galatea at iyong asawa niya."

My brows automatically met on the center, I frowned. Displeased. "I can understand why you miss Galatea but why is Xerxes included?" I asked, impatient.

Beau gave me an innocent look like she didn't said anything wrong. Well, she didn't however I don't want the sound of it like she's missing another guy. "Seloso mo naman po ah! Grabe parang wala naman kayong pinagsamahan ni Xerxes e baka nga kung 'di ko pa ginamit iyong charm ko sa iyo at 'di sila ni Galatea ang kinasal baka nga kayong dalawa na ang magjowa!" Her answer made me puke.