Chapter 1: The Deal

"Aizawa, thank you for your outstanding job as usual. We've been trying to bring her in for months." Detective Naomasa said as he extended his hand for a shake but the young underground hero kept his in his pockets.

"Can I go home now?" He looked at the Detective with his dead stare. Naomasa could feel his eyebrow twitch –the nerve on this guy. "Actually, I need you to stick around after the interrogation is over."

Aizawa let a sigh out, he hadn't caught any sleep for a solid 36 hours. The man was basically running on fumes. "What's this about, detective? I caught the burglar, what else do you need from me?"

"If the negotiation with the suspect goes well, then we might need you again."

"Woo wee," Aizawa said in the most emotionless way humanly possible. "I'll be in the lobby then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharp claws tapped against the metal table. She was handcuffed to each side, as well as her feet cuffed to the chair. Her eyes peered to the opening door where a young man came through. He had short black hair and was wearing formal attire. He proceeded to drop a folder on the table and opened it to show her files and pictures.

"I am Detective Naomasa. Your name... Tamami Mori, I believe." He looked at her as he sat down across from her. Tamami smirks at the sound of her name. Her cat-like pupils constricting into fine lines. "This is you in the picture, correct?" He pointed at a photograph he took out of the folder. It showed a young woman with long pale blonde hair tied up in a ponytail, wispy cat ears similar to a lynx protruded from her head. She wore a black tactical bodysuit and boots. The picture was blurry but it looked like she was holding some sort of metal box. "Do you want me to call you Night Claw better?"

Tamami gave him a cheeky smile "What do you want? I got caught by one of your heroes. Just put me in jail already and let's move on." Naomasa raised an eyebrow "Is that what you want? To be in jail?" She remained silent and he proceeded to talk "Listen here, you've stolen an insane amount of secret equipment from the government over the past few months. Who knows who you sold it to in the black market. This is no joke. You may be looking at 15 years in prison, and not just any prison, we'll send you to Tartarus."

Tamami jolted at the sound of the name. "Tartarus?! You are bluffing. Mass murderers get sent there. I don't think I've killed a single person. Hurt them yes, but killed never."

"That's how sensitive the things you stole are. We need to retrieve them as soon as possible."

"I just did what I was told. I don't even know what was in the box. Care to share some intel?"

"Nice try. It is highly classified."

"And let me guess, you want me to tell you where they are. Well, it's not happening, buddy." She tried to cross her arms but jerked at the loud noise of the shackles when they wouldn't give at the movement –Right, I'm cuffed down. She mentally slapped herself.

"There are two options for you. Either you cooperate or not. If you decide not to, then we will have to take harsher methods to be able to extract the information from you."

"So torture?" She glared at him but he ignored her and continued speaking. "Or we can strike a deal, in which you will be paired with one of our heroes for an undercover mission to retrieve what you stole. If you cooperate and the mission is successful, I can move things around and lower your sentence remarkably. Once free, we would even give you a new identity so that you can walk among the civilians."

"I don't know, that sounds too good to be true." She furrowed her brows.

"I'm a man of my word." He placed his hand on his chest.