Chapter 2: Fun and Games

Tamami held the armored suitcase close to her body

Tamami held the armored suitcase close to her body. She had just retrieved it from the fortress of a laboratory she just infiltrated. A smile crept her features as she leaped across the rooftops under the night sky. Suddenly, a scent crept into her senses and quickly disappeared. She stopped in her tracks as she felt her body stiffen. Her heightened senses were dialed down somehow. She couldn't smell, hear, or see as good as she did before.

"Something's not right." She thought. That's when she felt a harsh tug on her hand that ripped the suitcase from her grasp. She looked back and saw a man swing himself across the air with the help of what looked like clothed bands. He swung the bands that wrapped on the suitcase towards him and grabbed it in midair as he landed on the same rooftop she was.

The man smirked as he adjusted his bright yellow goggles, which contrasted with his dark colors. Tamami felt her heightened senses rush back to her and wondered if this was the doing of the quirk of this individual. Was he a hero or a mercenary? She didn't see any visible weapons on him. She didn't feel comfortable going on the offense but she couldn't let him take the suitcase she worked so hard to retrieve. She leaped onto the air in a backflip and proceeded to fall down the side of the building. She landed on the fire escape and continued to slide down the ladder onto the ground. She went for her escape, no doubt this man will come after her, perhaps that way she can create an opening to retrieve her suitcase.

The dull feeling of her senses came back and she almost stumbled on her own feet. A swish of the binding cloths came from behind her and tried to wrap around but she jumped to avoid getting grabbed. She saw how he would use the cloths to grab onto anything that would help him propel at high speeds. Before she knew it, he was above her. He landed a kick on her head before she could block it and sent her across the street. She tried to desperately claw at the ground to lose momentum but her claws failed to come out. She rolled on the floor until she was able to stop. She got to her feet and plunged forward as she took out a Karambit knife, which resembles a claw. She went low and tried to kick him off his feet but he jumped again and tried to kick her midair. She evaded and went in for a slash but got her arm caught right before she could make a hit. He pulled her closer to him and slammed his head against her. She groaned in pain as she felt her head kickback from the hit. She stumbled back and got caught between the binding cloths. They wrapped fiercely around her body and squeezed tightly, restraining her movements. She saw how he threw a cloth band over a light post and grabbed it when it fell down again. He began to pull the band until it started pulling her across the ground until she began lifting off of it. Her eyes were unfocused due to the massive headache as she still recovered from the blow. She hung her head as she looked at her dangling feet as he pulled her higher and higher until he stopped.

The man proceeded to pull a phone from his pocket "Yeah, Eraserhead here." He said with the most monotone voice she could imagine. "I got her...Yeah, and the case too...Mhm...I'll wait here until the police arrive."