Heaven tonight

Today is the day where I celebrate the day I came out of my mother's vagina, my birthday! I usually don't care too much for it but I was very excited for some reason. I had a feeling this might be a great day for me but we'll see.

"Here comes the sun in a form of a girl. She's the finest sweetest thing in the world."

I decided to wake up early and ride my baby blue bicycle to get ready for the day. The music blasted in my headphones as I wore a stupid smile on my face.

"Oh, take you to heaven tonight."

The whole scenery felt surreal with the sunshine reflecting off of the cars, people wearing summer clothes in November, the clouds resembling cotton candy - I simply loved it.

"I feel the horses coming galloping. In the summer rain."

My mind thought about John during my blissful state. John Frusciante. He was a mystery, he was a beauty. I wondered what he was thinking about in that strange mind of his...probably theories about how aliens are living amongst us or the groovy vibrations of Jimi Hendrix's guitar.

"Take you to heaven tonight. Oh, 'cause I love you for what you are."

Waves of emotions and teenage obsession bursted through my veins. The Californian breeze hit me with a sudden realisation; was I seeing John in a different light? Or was he my favourite drug of choice?

"I'll gallop to you."

I seemed to have lost track of time when I looked at my watch and found out I was outside for almost two hours. I rode back to my apartment building and ran up the stairs.

"Happy birthday!" Aubrey picked me up and spun me around
"Jesus! You scared the shit out of me."

I went to the kitchen sink and washed my hands.

"Where were you? I wanted to make a birthday breakfast but you were gone early." She frowned.
"I just wanted to ride my bike and get fresh air." I raised my eyebrows, "but you can still make me that birthday breakfast you were talking about."
"I'm going to make chocolate chip pancakes, your favourite."
"Thanks!" I kissed her cheek and put the bike in our spare room.
"How long has it been since you rode that?"
"Maybe a year. I should use it more often, I kinda missed it."
"By the way we're going to a theme park soon so wear something comfortable."
"A theme park? Really?" I chuckled.
"It will be fun. Plus John will be there." She winked.
"Stop that. I know exactly what you're doing."
"I'm not doing anything." She put the pancakes on a plate and put it in front of me, "enjoy."

I grabbed a fork and knife and swallowed the pancakes whole. "Never stop making these!" I yelled out. When I finished, I went to my room and looked through my closet for comfy clothes to wear.

"No. No. No." I tossed some clothes on my bed.

This was a lot harder since I wanted to look cute for John but also not make it obvious that I'm trying to gain his attention.

Ugh!

"What the fuck am I supposed to wear?!" I sat on the floor with clothes pooled around me. Then it hit me. "Yes, this will work perfectly!" It was a black crop top with spaghetti straps, a long sleeved fishnet top, a black silk skirt that ended right below my knees and some combat boots.