Claude

Possession. I had employed it for years as a means to feed, but I had never once contemplated the power that was lent to me. To have complete control over something made me feel strong - like I was invincible as long as I had ownership of something. My fingers brushed against a tiny lump in my pocket. The ring. The useless lump of gold and ruby that played sanctuary to my greatest weapon. A soul so far beyond help, so unpredictable that it became potentially lethal. An entity so driven by hatred and jealousy that it would go so far as to torture the few people who loved him, just to have the affection and attention he craved. I smirked at the thought that he was at my disposal. He would do anything for me. All he wanted were three meaningless little words.

In terms of what I did not possess... I could never really have it, but I could pilfer a "diluted" version, you might say. All I needed was the whiny brat that was so devoted to me, and I would finally have what I wanted.

This dull period between the obtaining of my weapon and the thing I desired the most had proved incredibly tiresome. My previous nuisance had at least provided some entertainment. His mind had been so interesting - a complex weave of truths and lies it told itself. Always changing, always providing some new puzzle for me to decipher. As flighty as a feather, darting about in the wind, trying to decide on its landing spot before it hits the ground. But it would be nothing in comparison to the prideful soul that every demon in the vicinity wanted. Ciel Phantomhive.

*Sorry, that was kinda short*