Asphodels for your thoughts

The sound of retching filled the air as he held himself over his bathroom sink, hand pressed up against his mouth. Goro squeezed his eyes shut as he groaned, feeling a spill past his hand and splatter on his sink surface. Slowly he pulled his hand away, and to his utter horror, combined flower petals filled his vision. The flora's colourful hue filled his eyes, covered his hands and his counter, and he groaned.

"Not again..." the brunet said softly, voice weak from his previous coughing. Burgundy coloured eyes travelled from his hands up to the mirror, and although the image before him was recognizable, a white petal clung to the corner of his lips. Goro wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and sighed, leaning his head forward.

When had this all started?

Thinking back to it, it was perhaps the first time he saw him at LeBlanc. Akechi had been sipping on his cup of coffee, hands cradling the mug so gently. It was raining that day, a light patter against the glass door entrance was a constant reminder.

Sojiro caught him staring out the door, and set a plate before him, nearly startling him out of his seat. He looked down at the plate placed before him, rice topped with curry and steamed vegetables. Akechi watched as the light stream of air wafted off the dish, and he looked at Sojiro with a questioning gaze.

"I accidentally made some extra," the older man said as he scratched the back of his head, "so here. It's on the house, plus you look so light I'm afraid if I let you leave without something in your stomach you might topple over in the wind." Sojiro then turned back to do what he had previously, leaving Akechi to stare at his back wide eye'd.

The scent of homemade curry filled his senses and with a ginger smile, he put his mug back on the counter and straightened himself up. "Thank you for the meal." Akechi said with his hands clasped, barely noticing the half smile Sojiro had tossed his way. He had heard stories about eating meals with other people, and how it supposedly made the atmosphere better. Although the taste was good, Akechi found himself grimacing as each bite settled within his stomach.

He hadn't a single memory of eating a meal cooked by anyone but a faceless chef, or was a simple cup of instant noodles. Yet Akechi found himself smiling as he soon scraped the plate clean, putting his fork down. Calmly he grabbed his mug of coffee once again, taking a drink of the already cooled liquid.

As the coffee washed over his tongue, neatly complementing the curry, the bell jingled as the front door was opened. His eyes jerked to the source of the sound, and he found himself smiling. Akira Kurusu only stood there, rigid and straight as he so obviously took in Akechi's presence. The boy waved, a smile plastered on his face. "Welcome home." he said teasingly.

Akira opened his mouth and then closed it immediately, his expression behind his glasses bewildered. Then he smiled. "Honey, I'm home." he shot back in a similar, joking tone.

Akechi leaned his head on his hand, elbow propped up on the counter. "You're back awfully late." he replied, taking to a more serious voice now. He had planned on seeing him before he had to go to the office, but with one look at the clock, he could tell he was definitely running late now. Ah well... can't be helped now.

The scruffy-looking teen sauntered past him, taking a seat right next to him. Sojiro clicked his tongue as a black cat wiggled out of Akira's bag, running up the stairs in the back. "I was out with friends, I didn't know you had control over my every movement." Akira smirked, to which Akechi chuckled and shook his head.

"Goodness no! We barely know each other. I'm simply upset because I had stopped by before I had to head to the office, but now it's so late... Miss Sae is probably wondering where I am." he said, pulling his phone out to look at the time once again, eyes downcast slightly. It bothered him when he felt disappointment bloom in the pit of his stomach.