Arrival // 01

Somewhere in the 20th Ward, a fugitive was running away, catching his breath while trying to lost the CCG ghoul investigators that were after him. He looked up at the dark sky and gasp as a CCG member threw his quinque towards him. He swiftly evade the oncoming attack and started to run even faster. If there's one thing that's helping the guy from being caught, it would be the heavy rain as it slows down the investigators that were after him.

The guy is Tsukumo Mitsuki, the main character of the story and here we learn how he ended up in the Demon Slayer universe. Now back to the story...

Mitsuki continued to run for what felt like hours before finally giving in to the fatigue. He has been running for almost the whole day trying to escape the CCG investigators that caught him eating on a corpse in a dark alleyway. Mitsuki doesn't usually eat human. However, every two months, he would eat dead people to fulfill his craving for human flesh.

He used to have a place he can call home, but it was destroyed at some point by the CCG after they went on a mission known as 'Owl Suppression Operation'. Now, he was separated from the others after one of his closest friends, Touka told him to run and find a new place to hide.

“You can hide, Mitsuki... But not for long...” one of the CCG investigators said as it echoed through the place Mitsuki was hiding in. He could smell them, the delicious smell that could suffice his hunger for human flesh for the next two months. “Now come out and give yourself in... We promise we won't hurt you,” said the investigators again. Mitsuki held his breath and looked around, hoping to find an opening for him to use as an escape but it was hopeless. He was trapped in the room and he's as good as dead.

Just when hope seems loss for Mitsuki, a door appeared in front of him. Though he didn't touch it, the door opened, revealing a dark and hollow room. Mitsuki was against entering the door but the CCG investigators that were closing in forced him to enter — it was better than being caught and turned into science experiment. Mitsuki rushed into the door and once he was inside, the door disappeared, leaving him inside the dark room.

“Hello?” His voice echoed through the room. Mitsuki started to walk around the room and started to feel cold the further he walks until he eventually stop when he got a vision — someone was fighting against a weird looking creature. Mitsuki watches the whole thing until eventually, the guy in the vision unsheathed his katana and took a stance before uttering something like a magic spell of some sort.

“Blood Breathing Technique, Fourth Form: Slicing Vessels,” it happened too fast as the guy was already behind the now headless creature. Mitsuki was impressed by the swift attack and it was evident as he immediately copied the person's position before pretending he has a katana in hand. It was as if Mitsuki had done it before as he exhale, calmly uttering the same thing the guy in the vision said. However, instead of performing the move, the whole room lit up and snow starts falling.

Feeling the coldness, Mitsuki looked around and realized he wasn't in the room anymore. He also realized something else — he was floating and once he looked down, he realized he was high up in the sky before God played with him by making him fall. Mitsuki screamed as he was falling too fast that he wasn't able to use his kagune to help him and he ended up hitting the tree branches while falling down. He eventually fell unconscious after hitting his head against the big tree branch.

“Is he alive?” Mitsuki slowly regain his consciousness and the first thing he saw was a male with a ruffle, black hair with burgundy tips. Another visible feature on the guy's face was a mark on his forehead. The guy smiled widely upon realizing that Mitsuki is gaining his consciousness. “Ah! You're awake!” cheered the guy before looking away from him. “Master, he's awake!” he said to someone but it was all too much for Mitsuki to process right after waking up and he ended up unconscious again.