Ebstein's anomaly 🙃🙃

Halooo dearest sweethearts and sweetheartesses😂😂

Well, I'm here to explain what Ebstein's anomaly is to those of my babies that are not medically inclined....

It is a heart congenital disease. Congenital in the sense that it is present from birth due to malformation of the heart in the developing baby. Now, for the record, the right part of the heart is made up of the right Atrium and right ventricle.

They are separated from each other by a valve called the Tricuspid valve. They receive deoxygenated blood from the parts of the body and transport the blood to the lungs so that it can be oxygenated. The tricuspid valve, thus helps prevent the back flow of blood from the right ventricle below to the right atrium above.

Are we there?

In Ebstein's anomaly, the tricuspid valve is displaced and large so it doesn't really close properly and as a result, blood flows back into the right ventricle which is diminished as a result of the hypertrophy (drastic increase in size) of the right atrium.

It also comes along with the condition know as PATENT FORAMEN OVALE. This foramen allows deoxygenated from the right atrium to mix with oxygenated blood in the left atrium. If it's really bad, it can reduce the supply of oxygen to cell and cause Cyanosis (bluish colouration of the skin due to limited oxygen).

So it's a really bad condition. Some people may survive with it too. It just depends on how bad it is. Some babies with this condition do not last up to three months.

If you want to find out more, you can still browse it.

To my lovelies planning to join the medical field later in life, please try learning as many diseases as you can, with their causes, symptoms and treatments. It's really interesting to read about them.♥️♥️♥️

Okay... This is the last chapter for real🥰

Byeeee 😘😘😘