One: Perry

Hey guys, this is my very first book (yay)! I'm really excited about this! My name is AJ and I'm 14. Enjoy!
<><><><><><><><><><>

"Hey! Bro!"

I turn to find the source of this voice, and my eyes land on a teenage boy who's appearance can only be described as... "quarterback of the football team". Terror instantly washes over me because it seems as if he is actually talking to me. There's no way.

No. Way.

Instead of embarrassing myself by answering him when he is obviously not talking to me, I look back towards where I was originally facing. Cup in my hand, I pretend to take a sip. There isn't anything in the cup because... I mean... I'm a hardcore goody-goody. I'm at the biggest rave of the year, but my standards are higher than the rest of these bastards.

"Yo!"

I once again turn my head in his direction only to find him staring straight at me. After taking a quick look around, I realize he must be talking to me, but, just to make sure, I point at myself as if asking, 'Are you talking to me?'.

He grins. "Yes you!" He gives a chuckle and walks a little closer. "Hey, my friend Jeffrey and I are gonna play 'Truth or Dare' with a couple of hot girls back there," the yet-to-be-named boy looks back and points out the kitchen door, into the hallway and towards the master bedroom, "and they won't play unless I invite you to join." He gives an awkward smile. "Please? They're really hot." His awkward smile turns into a hopeful, pleading grin in a split second.

This is weird. Since when do hot girls want me to be less than ten feet away from them?

"Uh..."

"Come on, bro! 'He's so cute, and he looks like he doesn't have a lot of friends! We won't play without him!'" He says using air quotes and doing a terrible impression of a woman.

In my bewildered state, I give him an odd stare.

"Their words, not mine!" Combing his hand through his hair, he gives a weak smile.

I look around; this time, searching for anyone that I can have a good time with besides this dude and his friends.

No one in sight.

Of course.

I give a half-hearted sigh and a shrug. "Well... I guess I have nothing better to do." I stop leaning on the doorframe and stand up straight.

"Fuck yeah!" He puts one hand on my shoulder and leads me through the hallway and into the crowded bedroom.

As I try to think of a way to inconspicuously shy away from his unwelcome hand, he leaves me at the door. I lean back on the door frame and watch him say something and point at me. One girl smiles and motions me over, so I slowly sit down on the floor between the skinny, blonde one and a muscular black guy.

Mystery Boy sits on the floor across from me, forming the points of a star with the two very attractive girls and the other guy who must be Jeffrey. All around the group, a parent's worst nightmares are becoming a reality. There's a red cup in almost everyone's hand, and I highly doubt that they're filled with orange juice. I don't even want to know what's going on in the master bathroom.

Without making a sound, I give a quick and extremely awkward wave.

"Hey!" says one of the girls. She's curvy and noticeably Hispanic with her dark hair and golden skin. "I'm Melody," she says, and she points one by one at the surrounding high schoolers, "and these are Cristina, Jeffrey, and Wi-"

The original guy who invited me over interrupts her. "Just call me Win." He glances at the girls, and I can see the slightest flex of muscles under his dark green shirt. "It's what I do all the time, anyway."

I don't want to be kicked out of the group within two minutes, so I don't roll my eyes at that douchey comment.

Even though her skin is very tan, Melody noticeably blushes and gives a quiet giggle, which I'm guessing is how girls always laugh around guys.

Cristina's face, on the other hand, distorts into a look of pure confusion.

"Because my name is Win," he looks at her expectantly, "and I always win."

"Oh!" She giggles and blushes just as Melody did.

Yup, I was right.

Everyone around the circle laughs while I smile softly.

Jeffrey looks up from his phone at me. "Dude, what's your name?"

"Perry." I say awkwardly, yet again.

What a surprise.