03. REVELATIONS

03. REVELATIONS

     DESPITE HAVING AN AMAZING GIRL by his side, leo kwon still didn't enjoy the life he currently had

DESPITE HAVING AN AMAZING GIRL by his side, leo kwon still didn't enjoy the life he currently had. his father left him and his mother two years ago, his mother used alcohol to cope with the divorce, and the icing on the cake had to be moving to a little town in the middle of nowhere. but houses were cheap here, at least he didn't have to worry about working to help pay the bills. swinging the heavy wooden door open, leo swiftly entered his almost-empty english class, seating himself in the desk next to a familiar japanese girl.

"you're here early." miwa pointed out with raised eyebrows.

"i didn't get lost this time." leo answered with a chuckle, resting his head on top of his hands. "thank god for the free period today."

"yeah, i really needed it." whispered miwa, eyelids drooping slightly. "barely got a wink of sleep last night."

"already used to my couch?" leo teased with a cheeky smile, earning a small punch from miwa. mike wheeler entered the classroom, quickly throwing a piece of paper onto miwa's desk before heading towards the back of the classroom. "what's that?" miwa unfolded the paper and quickly read the note.

     "a note from mike about that slug dustin showed us before second period." miwa replied slowly, crumpling the note and shoving it into her backpack. "stupid party meeting about it, i don't know."

"hey, you okay? you know you don't actually have to go." leo assured, noticing miwa grow uncomfortable and upset. "i know how you feel about mike and all so—"

"no, no. i have to go to this meeting. it's an emergency." miwa said sadly. "it's about will too."

"oh." leo mumbled, thinking back to when the small boy was curled into a ball shivering like crazy. "is he okay? like since halloween."

"i don't know. i haven't talked to him in ages." leo could hear miwa's guilty conscience laced in her sad voice, and leo felt just as guilty; for keeping miwa away from her friends. will was horribly ill and she hadn't properly talked to him or any of her friends since leo's encounter with miwa on the last day of summer. "i'll see you tomorrow, i guess." leo hadn't noticed the bell had rang and everyone began to pack their bags

"hey, mimi." leo called out. miwa looked up from her bag, waiting for leo to continue. "call me when you get home, okay?"

"okay." miwa nodded before leaving the classroom alongside mike wheeler, who turned back to get a glance at leo. from the corner of his eye, leo noticed a crumpled ball of paper on his right. he wasn't one to meddle into people's business, but leo desperately wanted to know what had miwa so upset. picking it up, leo read the wrinkled note.

 picking it up, leo read the wrinkled note