9 •

It has since been exactly five days since me and Crow had last conversed. I've been meaning to text him again, often spending countless minutes, maybe hours, deciding if I want to or not. He isn't even that scary, what could happen if I texted him? After all, he was creepy and randomly texted me in the first place. In the end, I decide to leave him be.

It was officially the first day of school after winter break. Time to get back to this school shit. Ugh. I quickly dart out of bed, pick out a cute outfit as usual, do my morning routine, and slip out the door (after feeding Artemis). The air was not as cold as before winter break had started, but maybe that was to be expected. I trailed down the familiar driveway leading to the road, and further turned right, on my way to school.
The walk continued and went on, five minutes feeling like eternity. I had just passed Jae's street. Usually, he waits at the intersection, but I didn't seem to see him. I'm sure he'll get to school fine, he might already be there, who knows.

It took a little longer than usual to arrive at school, but maybe that's because I was busy staring at nature, since the snow is sluggishly starting to melt.                                                                                       I gingerly sauntered up the concrete stairs that lead to the metal double-doors to school. Once I passed through the lobby and went up what seemed like millions of stairs (aka like 2 floors), I made it to the hallway in which was home to my locker. I opened the creaky locker, checked my schedule to see what I have today; shit, world geography first. I'll admit, I do really love the study of the world, it's very interesting. But thanks to my teacher, the subject comes out to be dry as hell.                                                                                  

By the time I retrieved my world geo textbook and shut my locker (more like half-slammed it), I notice two figures idling by my locker. One of which was Benji; with his smooth, soft-looking brunette hair, peering at me with eyes built from fragments of stars. Beside Benji stood a figure with hair parted asymmetrically, the longer of the sides barely touching the top of his cheekbone. His eyes were shy and filled with secrets; his face engraved with a soft yet hard expression, almost unreadable. Almost confusing. He had many different piercings, such as a helix and up to three lobe piercings on each side. Kinda edgy but okay.

"Hey, Benji." I murmured softly, smiling. Benji beamed back at me, of course. Typical Benji.

"Hi! I can't believe we're back to school already.. I hate that." Benji whined, slouching a little. He must have bad posture by now.  I nodded in agreement before turning my head to gaze at the mystery person again. Who is this? I wondered.

"Benji, who is that?" The mystery boy mumbled to Benji. So, they know each other it seems. We also seem to be having the same thought process.

"That's Alex! I've told you about him!" Benji explained, turning to his friend. The boy's expression switched from smug to surprised.

"Wait.. that's Alex?" The boy's eyes were wide, almost glazed with excitement. The raven-haired boy turned to me, blinking. "I'm Crow. Yeah, I know what you're going to say-"

"Wait. You're the mystery creepy guy who Benji gave my number to?" As I said this, I heard Benji give a tiny 'whoops'. I wasn't angry though; rather happy instead that I was finally meeting Crow. He seemed nice so far, and looked cool.
"You look nice in person, although I never exactly thought about what you'd look like."

Crow blushed, shrinking away. Okay, seems his personality and physical appearance clash.. he's so cute, I noticed.

"You're so cute, Crow, now you even have Alex whipped." Benji giggled, patting Crow on the head. Crow scowled and covered his face, glaring at Benji.

Right at the wrong moment, I turned around to see Jae. My face lit up.

"Jae!" I exclaimed, looking up at him. His gaze didn't feel warm anymore. It felt like any blazing candle of his soul suddenly got extinguished. I raised a brow at him in question.

"Who's this." Jae almost growled it out, staring at Crow. Jae gripped my shoulder tightly, almost in a threatening manner. I glanced up at him, but he was still looking at Crow.

"Jae, it's fine. That's Crow; he's new here, I believe. It's Benji's friend, don't worry." I reassured. Jae still looked a little uneasy.

"Don't worry, I don't bite." Crow sighed, still standing awfully close to Benji. Sus.

Jae rolled his eyes, still on guard. The obnoxiously screaming bell finally went off, and I'm pretty sure we all groaned, already tired of school even though we had just arrived.

"I have world geography." I announced, quickly grabbing my textbook for said subject. World geography is one of the subjects I particularly excelled at, thankfully.

"Oh, I have world geography too." Crow noticed, glancing at his organized schedule that every student is given.

I lit up at Crow's words; we have a class together! I smiled at Crow.

"Don't feel special. I have world geo, too." Jae grumbled, giving Crow a side-glance. Crow just exhaled softly, not partaking in making eye contact with the taller male. I peered sympathetically in Crow's direction, but he didn't look up to make eye contact.

"Make that four," Benji chimed, throwing an arm roughly around Crow's shoulder, in which he mumbled something under his breath. "Alright, let's go, kids."

We all made our way down the lengthy corridor, entering the monotone classroom in which contained many other students.

DISCLAMER: THIS CHAPTER IS UNFINISHED AND WILL NOT BE FINISHED. may or may not be planning a rewrite of mym ;) stay tooned