✾Goodbye✾

Goodbye:

used to express good wishes when parting or at the end of a conversation.

~•~•~•~•~

Song:- It's you by Ali Gatie💞

"what about taetae?"

Milly's expression dropped at the question. She took a deep breath and letting it out slowly. She took Jungkook's hands in hers and spoke up.

"Taetae needs to stay here. He has to learn how to adjust to the people around him. He has to stay here, until he gets well, kook-ah."

Jungkook felt a mix of emotions that he couldn't quite comprehend. He immediately gripped onto Milly's hands, "Kookie needs something, can you get it?"

Milly couldn't refuse the weird request. It was easy to fulfil, so she simply smiled and nodded a 'yes' in agreement.

After Milly left, Jungkook moved towards Tae's bed. He sat in front of him crossing his legs with his hands on his knees.

Tae straightened himself to look at the younger. It was almost late morning, so Tae concluded that kookie wants to tell his stories. He moved his bum a bit, to sit closer to the boy.

Jungkook's eyes started filling with tears as kept looking at the honey-brown orbs of the elder that gazed at him with so much love.

He gulped the lump in the back of his throat before speaking, "Taetae, kookie is leaving. Going back home. Kookie won't be here by your side. Kookie can't play with you anymore. Ko-kookie won't wake you up when you get bad dreams. So, taetae needs to stay strong and fight alone".

Jungkook burst into tears covering his face with his small hands.

Tae hadn't fully learnt lip-reading, so he couldn't realise what the younger meant. So, he simply extended his arms to hug the boy and smiled softly as he patted the ravenette's back at the rate of ten pats per minute.

Jungkook tugged onto the boy's shirt and kept sobbing until the mid-afternoon.

____

Tae slept after having noon-meals and Jungkook tiptoed around the room picking the things that he needed.

Though he knew the elder can't hear, but he did it anyway.

Milly had already left after giving him the things he asked for. The young kid sat on the floor with two huge pillows, an embroidery kit and Tae's notepad.

Knitwork was something his older brother had taught him. But, he wasn't quite good at it. He spent two good hours stitching the pillows together, poking his tiny fingers every now and then.

When he was finally done, he slowly walked towards Tae's bed and lightly placed the huge pillow beside him, with a sticky note over it.

Tae felt someone move his hands. It took the elder, a minute to open up his heavy eyes. The boy saw Jungkook walking towards the open door. He lifted himself and jumped down the bed.

Milly stood there at the door, with a back-faced kookie and when her eyes finally fell over Tae, she smiled sadly and shut the door behind them.

Tae felt fear under his breath. He immediately rushed towards the door, hitting it repeatedly with my fisted hands. Tears rushed over my cheeks. Just the thought of staying in this room alone haunted him.

He tried to scream while knocking on the doorframe. He couldn't hear himself, but felt his cords rub inside his throat. Taking it as a sign that he was audible, he kept screaming.

"Kook-kie"

"Kookie"

The elder kept calling the raven-haired kid. Minutes passed but there was no response. Tae lost all his strength and slid down the door with a painful expression. His hands still knocking softly till the last minute.

With a blank expression, Tae got up dragging his heavy feet towards his bed with his cheeks soaked in tears. The boy's eyes, fell on the double-sized pillow that was poorly stitched together.

He lifted it to turn it up and down and saw the crude embroidery at the corner of the quilt. It was so weird, but tae concluded it was a rabbit face.

He softly smiled and placed it aside to search for his notepad that was laying the tray, over the cabinet. He flipped pages to write something, but his heart clenched as he saw the note written on the last page. His heart wished...

To see the boy one last time.

To hug him one last time.

To be able to hear him once. Just once

[Image]

Kookie is leavingKookie miss taetaePillow is kookieTaetae no bad dreamsKookie come backWait for Kookie🐰

Kookie is leaving
Kookie miss taetae
Pillow is kookie
Taetae no bad dreams
Kookie come back
Wait for Kookie🐰

Kookie is leavingKookie miss taetaePillow is kookieTaetae no bad dreamsKookie come backWait for Kookie🐰

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter. Meet you on Friday. Till then see ya.

~Amy~