Allies or Enemies

Tommy wrinkled his nose at Wilbur, hating every negative comment he made against Ghostbur. He eagerly changed the topic to something productive. "How do we help? I know Ghostza wants us to stay out of it but... It's our server and our friend. We all share a common goal, yet he's refusing to work with us."

"Welcome to my world," Wilbur scoffed. "That's my dad for you. Always 'you stay at home where it's safe, I'm going to go conquer a nation with Techno.'"

Niki couldn't help but crack a small smile. "It was the same in the syndicate. Even though we were all equal, Techno and Phil took action while we stood by being loyal supporters."

"Well, family's family, y'know," Tommy pointed out. Wilbur nodded.

"The one constant amidst the chaos, Phil always being good old Phil."

Tommy hung his head, staring down blankly at the snow. "I guess I'll warn Quackity. He has two lives and a stubborn heart, so let's hope he doesn't give Nightmare what he wants."

Tommy pulled out his communicator, scrolling through all the names of innocent people that Nightmare would gladly hold hostage to get what he wanted. "On second thought, everyone needs a warning," Tommy sighed heavily. "Why does it have to be me..." Tommy muttered to himself.

"I'll tell them," Jack volunteered. "Sadly, I'm used to spreading the news of the dead."

Niki nodded. "I can tell the syndicate, which is Techno if he wakes up."

Eret chimed in, "I'll can send some ferrets with the message. I'll have to talk to Foolish, too, about... some other stuff."

"I'll go find Fundy." Wilbur didn't need to explain further. Tommy could only hope Fundy would show some sympathy.

"Well then," Tommy wrapped up. "I'll see you soon, and if I see any more death messages, I will start stabbing shit."

"Stay safe," he added with a more genuine tone before walking back on the path he made.

~~~

Fundy woke up from the horrible dark sensation of timeless void. He coughed once and his lungs ached, a new pain that hadn't been there previously.

He propped himself up to take a glance where he had respawned. He inhaled a sharp breath through the still fading pain of his chest. Nightmare.

Some part of him still felt like the ghost was in control. He was still pulling the strings and waiting for a moment to come back and haunt him. Every word he said, to Eret, to Ghostza, to his friends, felt faked and out of his control.

Fundy looked to the ceiling of Eret's castle, where a single pink flamingo remained on the roof of the throne room.

Fundy attempted to get up, to see his friends, to show he could, to keep fighting Nightmare until he was dead. His body seemed to dislike that idea. "Ow..." Fundy groaned, clutching his jacket. "Nevermind... I'll just... lay here a little longer."

Fundy rested on his hat, rubbing the new scar on his chest. A ferret came up to him, nuzzling in his orange fur and curling up on top of where his wound was bothering him. Fundy cracked a small smile, yet determined to get up, he carefully brushed the small animal off his jacket.

The never-ending pain had finally faded.

"Where I'm going I don't think you can follow," Fundy whispered to the innocent creature. "But I'll be back soon."

Fundy started his slow walk away from the prime path and into the forest. Fundy avoided the area where he had lost his second life, and instead he took another untraveled route to the desert of the rich.