Chapter #18: One step closer of being Sure!

Sidharth:

Going abroad was always fun to me. To be honest, one of my wishes to get selected in the National team was to travel abroad ofcourse playing for the country being the first priority. The series was drawn provided both the team had one winning match and the last of the three was drawn. Overall, the performance of our team was quite impressive and received less of criticism than the last time. 

Given, two days more of the trip in Australia before catching the flight back to India, we all had in our hands we could manage to shop whatever we could from Perth for our families. Raina was being restless as he was clearly planning to propose Priyanka for marriage by travelling forty hours straight to Holland from Australia. Priyanka was taking his confession lightly and so he was hell bent not to let her go. I guess love does this to all, Mahi bhai, Virat, Gauti bhai, Bhajji paaji, Yuvi paaji and now Raina bhai all had to have a dramatic love story and I knew mine was too. So, Raina hurriedly took few of us to a Jewlery shop at Perth to buy a diamond ring and we were to choose the best design. I suddenly remembered I had gifts for all but nothing for Shehnaaz. Not that she would fuss on it but still I urged to see the expression on her face when she will find out that I actually brought her something. Ring was not an option as it was going to be a grand affair whenever I would propose her as she was an ardent believer in rituals. Only if I knew I would propose her suddenly at an event as Mahi bhai said, every time is perfect.

So, scanning over what to gift her through the shop I found a platinum bracelet that was studded with diamonds in ‘S’ shape and I knew that was the one. The stud earrings that I brought for her when I did the same for my mother, I had already given her when I confessed. Paying the bucks to the manager at the shop I took the bracelet and headed to select the ring that was still not finalized. Mahi bhai took a baby locket for his baby. He did tell all of us to attend the Naamkaran ceremony a week after we reach India, the formal invitation would come later on. The whole home coming was going to be dramatic this time as we have an invitation lined up already and if Priyanka accepts the proposal, then a series of invitation would be in the queue.

Raina took the flight to Holland five hours before us and we all hoped that he succeeds in his plan. Like me he was also the center of gossip in the team whatsapp group too and how the table has turned as I would always tease him for his desperateness to marry jiske liye saat samundar paar bhi janeey ke liye banda raazi tha! Wah! Kya pyaar hain!

One thing that I have to mention is that Shehnaaz had really overcome the jealousy part by then. A video of me partying at the Perth beach dancing with few chicks there was sent to her by my mates but she only said “Abb banda bahar hain toh party toh karega na!” and I wished to kiss her senseless at that point as she knew the whole team was there partying. I laughed at then and said, “Todne ki koshish na bohot late ki hain apne.. Abb bohot late ho gaya hain!” and poked my tongue out wiggling my thumb at them. Shehnaaz was right, I could be a child at times.

Landing straight at my country after ten hours of flight felt like coming home. We did land at Mumbai and all headed towards their home from there, some took flight to reach their home town whereas the ones staying nearer took the car.

I was pretty surprised when Shehnaaz drove in the car at the entrance of the airport to pick me up. Not that I wasn’t happy but it was a little strange of Adith not coming. But my girl coming to pick me up was a romantic thing indeed provided she knew to drive as her profession required this. Not to mention that we were papped yet again, but that was okay for me now.

“Baby, I loved that you came to pick me up!” I said once settling down in the passenger’s seat.

“Fitteh muh! Tera chehra se pata chaal gaya mujhe ki tu soch raha tha ke Adith kyu nehi aya!” she scoffed as we exited the airport premise. I laughed and spoke, “Hain kaha? Thik toh hain na woh?”

Love at "The Lord's"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें