Chapter #25: #SidNaaz got papped in Starbucks, Lonavala!

Sidharth:

29th October, 2015 was the official date of Harbhajan Singh and Geeta Basera's marriage. You all must be wondering why am I mentioning this date! This date holds a special memory in my heart forever. It was a grand affair even, held in Jalandar, Punjab where we did attend their wedding at the Gurudwara, they chose to maintain the Sikh tradition and get hitched. I got a glimpse of how our marriage was going to be as both the families wanted an Anand Karaj in the morning while a customary Hindu marriage at the evening. While sitting in the Gurudwara, taking in all the details of Anand Karaj, I was eyeing Shehnaaz and found her equally enjoying the whole event. The men and the women were seated separately on two different rows and thus I took out my cell to message her.

"Baby char phere mein ho jayega?" I typed and sent her. For a longer period, she did not see her phone as inside the Gurudwara it needed to be kept silent. I somehow grabbed her attention to hint her to have a look at her phone and she did. Soon I could see typing notification under her label, Phewwww!!!

"Haan hamare mein char phere lene hotey hain!" she typed back.

"Phir yahan 4 phere aur raat ko aur 7 phere! Wow! Total 11 phere lenge yani ke 11 janmo taak saath rehegi tu!" I texted back with a toothy smiley emoji.

"Tere zyada nehi horaha? Abhi hi nehi jhel pata tu, aur 11 janam jelega tu!" she typed back with a laughing emoji.

"Baby ek six bhari padh gayi lagta hain! 11 janam jhelunga! Darr lag raha hain meko!" I typed back joking.

"Rukk tu!! Baal noch lungi main tera, ho jane de shaadi khatam yahan!" she typed back threatening me.

I passed a toothy grin as she eyed me from the other side, just when the wedding rituals got over and Bhajji Paa called me and Shehnaaz from the crowd and a confused us went forward.

"Babba ji, in dono nu ashirwaad dio apna. Uhan da viha, December vich hai![Babaji, shower these two with your blessings. They too have their marriage in December.]" Bhajji paa told the Granthi to shower both of us with the blessings too and he did as told. I did not understand what he told, but one look at Shehnaaz and I understood that all he wished was our wellbeing and prosperity.

We all moved out of the Gurudwara and went back to the resident of Harbhajan Singh where the new bride was welcomed as per their rituals.

"Baby?" I nudged her, "Kya hain?" she replied back angrily. "Joke kaar raha tha yaar, teko main kabhi jhel shakta hoon? Teko toh baas pyaar kaar shakta hoon." I said snaking my palms behind grabbing her hips to make are shift more towards me. "Maat kaar, koi dekh lene hai!" she said blushing and bingo!! Her anger was gone.

"Kitna chaant banda hain tu Sidharth! Teko acchi tarah se ata hain mujhe manana! Kum manata hain paar tricks pureey pata hotey hain teko!" Shehnaaz spoke turning red. "Hu toh main tera hi Kullu na!" I said taking up my Kurta's collar.

As the groom and the bride settled down, few rasams were done and then each one of the unmarried girls of the age was called to sit infront of Geeta bhabhi. She jerked her something in her hand which I came to knew was Kalire later on. The whole thing was that the small jingles on it if falls down on any of the girls, her turn to get married would be the next. Out of the eight girls who sat for it only two got the jingles falling on them, and one of them was my Shehnaaz.

I jumped in excitement as that happened mumbling a "Yes!!!" and all the heads turned towards me in amazement. Why do I do such things in excitement always!!!!!

"Beta tera hi hain next! Aise kaar raha hain jaise world cup jeet li ho!" Nehra joked from the side.

"Ek shayari sunau?" Shehbaaz asked and I knew that would be again on me. Okay before that, he became the hot favorite of the Indian team and thus he got the invitation in every event that happened from my fellow mates too.

Love at "The Lord's"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें