Drowning

Drowning.

That's how it felt. As if she couldn't breathe for who knows how long. She could neither hear nor see anything. She was struggling. But the woman infront of her was still too busy yelling at her to notice her own child , her only daughter to be exact , loosing her breathe.

The only thing she could remember was a madly angry woman , her mother shouting on her face , to which she asked the reason and then in a blink of an eye , she could feel numbness take over her body before she started to feel it uneasy to breathe. It took her a couple seconds to realise what just happened. And she closed her eyes to comprehend the moment that just occured right then , right there.

A loud noise of a fist landing itself on her chest. A hard punch , below her left collarbone. She looked up to see her mother's calloused hand up in the air again , ready for a blow , once again. She looked down , emotionless and numb , just holding onto the skin that had now just started to bloom a dark color.

And with a few more screams and curses , she saw the woman aggressively walking towards the door , leaving her to stand there like a statue for a moment.

"LILY!!!!!!!!"

The yell came piecing through the thick air around her and she didn't even care about the pain on her torso before rushing out to see why she was summoned.

And with a handful of duties given , to be completed before her mother returns , she watched her dear mom driving away for work.

And she stood there , still dumbfounded ; her overworked brain not actually being able to process the thoughts or assess the situation. But she had to push it back for later , as she had duties to be fulfilled , not to forget , within the given time limit.

But that couldn't stop her from peeking into the full-body mirror in her mother's room to see the skin that had been smothered by a strong fist , now in dark shade of violet.

Is that how it started ? She don't know. When did it happened ? She doesn't know.

All she knows was that she was slipping away into memories.......

Memories of a day , a few years ago........

Memories of that night..... A little colder than the other ones.

Where her whole entire life flashed right infront of her eyes , when she decided to jump infront of her mother , onto a butcher knife that was ready to cut slit her mother's throat.

She remembered how strong her father had a hold on that huge sharp knife and how his eyes were blood-red , the man reeking of alcohol. It was even in the air. She could smell it. It made her nauseous but that didn't stop her from yanking the knife away from her beloved 'Pappa's' hold and throwing it somewhere , in hope it landed somewhere away from the tall man's hands. The smell of alcohol still lingered in the air around the man and she couldn't waste time , for she had no time to even think and without a second thought , she pushed the man infront of her , as forcefully as her small hands could and watched in fear the man only stumbling back a little bit before gaining his balance again. He was drunk , in his fifties but oh man , was he so strong ,tall amd buff. And before the said man could make his way back to his wife , she screamed at her to run out , pointing at the open door , to which the woman complied and took a hold of her youngest child , before practically running out for her life.

The man was furious. No. He was beyond furious. He was mad , literally shaking in anger and she could see it right through his eyes. He lost the hold he had on his wife and now his daughter had the audacity to raise a hand on him. He wasn't gonna let go of them that easily. After all , he has controlled everything for over two and a half decade now. This was unacceptable!!!!!! And with that , he almost runs towards his frozen daughter and grabs her by her throat and lifts her up in the air before throwing her onto the nearest wall. The girl could feel the air brushing past her body , for she was almost flying but she felt the it knocked out of her lungs as soon as her back and head made a rough contact with the wall behind her. But the man didn't waste anytime to let the girl's legs touch the floor and before she knew it , she was held up on air again but this time when she was freed from his clutches , her back met the door saddle , not the wall. Great development.

Breathe.... Try to breathe.... Don't think about it. It's over-

She opened her eyes when she heard rustle of the knife with the floor and her body shoots up as he sees the knife back in her father's grip. Wasting no time , she launches forward once again before pushing the raging man backward as hard as she can , surprising herself and even the man who stubbled back a little too hard for his own liking. And then just like that in the blink of an eye , she ran out , into the waiting car outside before her mom drove off to anywhere away from the man who's still following the car like a mad man.

Breathe...... Can't breathe ? Try again 1....2....3.... Breathe.......
Wipe off those tears. Oh-
No tears ? Good. Better. Best.
Now get up and leave. U have loads of unfinished work to do. We can panic later. When we get time.

Will of ever come ? Who cares. Get up. And leave. Do what you are being told to do.

Be mute. Don't talk. Be blind. Don't see. Be deaf. Don't hear. Be soulless. Don't feel. Maybe we can survive.

Maybe.....