1

The streets were empty, not a single scrap of litter, not a single living thing crossed the blacktop. It was time; time that the rebels would race for their lives. As the sun began to hug the horizon, the blue sky became a painted canvas of orange shades. Sky scrapers looked over the black pathways that many people saw as death; most people anyway.
However, Zach was not that person. He loved the thrill, the purr of a tame engine compared to his car. He lived for this night, it was his time to finally leave the jail cell of a room people loved. Life was drastically different, sex was no longer an act of passion and love, it was mechanical and for numbers. Personal interaction was eradicated, people hibernated in their room only getting up to go to the window; where they would spectate the deadly sport bellow.
The black haired boy named Zach was known, he was running champion of the races - as well as the rebel leader. His skin was fair and tan, though it was hidden under a light black jacket that hugged loosely on his broad shoulders. The pants he wore were on their last legs, the fabric was worn light, looking like it was covered in snow in some parts. His orbs sat sunk in his face, shadowed with grey irises that resembled a dark fog; cold, unforgiving, and possibly deadly. His eyes flickered up as the door to his room opened, and his heart skipped a beat with excitement.
"Race time, hot shot." Announced a portly gentleman who blocked the door way.
"Got it sir." Zach replied, his tone low and full of arrogance.
"You're out of chances Zach, you pull something this time and we will bomb the city." The man warned, his eyes watching the black teen as his body became ridged.
"Of course.." Zach nodded, though his stormy eyes refused to move in the direction of the current world leader.