After a few hours of running through rules, and getting all the racers suited up. A group of around 15 other people joined the champion on the tarmac where 16 cars lay in wait. Zach's eyes softened as he laid his gaze on his car. A 2013 Subaru BRZ, black exterior coupled with multiple silver scratches and dents made the car look like hell. His feet took him closer, a his hand slowly extended out to gently brush the thrashed vehicle. A smile spread across hi face like butter on bread, has hand caressing the side of the machine until his fingers clasped around the handle. Zach opened the door, and his optics hungrily fell upon the black and red interior that was as fresh as the day it was bought. The male swung his body into the cockpit, pulling the door easily behind him to lock himself in the crisp air of the interior. His hands grasped the wheel comfortably, and his shoulders relaxed into the chair.
"No more chances my ass.. This time I make it, this time we escape tyranny and find the real open road. Tonight, we face harder than ever, and give a show to be remembered." He recited a soliloquy to himself, pumping himself up as sweet adrenaline had it's own race inside his veins.
Within minutes, a loud voice came over the speakers outside.
"Racers. Start your engines." Came the monotone command. It was all Zach needed, his hand flew to the key and twisted it forward. Butterflies exploded in his stomach as the car roared to life before settling into a humble and patient purr. He adjusted himself in his seat, unintentionally leaning forwards until the signal was given.
A green flag dropped before the racers, and the young man floored his gas. His vehicle growled loudly, the wheels spun for a moment before gripping the road and throwing the car forwards. The race was on.