Ep 2: The Battle (戦い)

After a couple of minutes to settle into Company Eight's bedrooms, which was now a singular bed next to a bunk bed on the walls by where Shinra and Arthur slept (by the request of both themselves to Noxis' surprise). Shinra had taken the responsibility to show the new person around, although albeit a little more interested in what generation they were than showing them where everything was. Noxis wasn't paying attention, either way, taking more or less where everything was into memory. Shinra noted this and froze at a peculiar window to pull back one of the curtains. When the light flickered through, Noxis saw what seemed to be a nuclear waste plant in the middle of the city, although surrounded with more of that smog they had seen while they were walking through the pipe room to the Captain's office.

"You guys have power plants here?"

"Oh, you mean the Amaterasu right?"

"A... An Amaterasu?"

"Yeah, it powers everything here, gives off so much that there has to be some serious firepower there!"

"It looks like a nuclear waste plant."

"Do you guys not have an Amaterasu back in America?"

"None that I know of, but to me, that thing looks like a huge nuclear power plant. It's weird."

     Shinra frowned, of course not everything that would be in Tokyo would be back where Noxis had come from. They looked severely different from the locals here as well, due to their skin and more English-speaking ways. He sighed, and before he knew it he had gently closed the curtain back. The returning darkness made Noxis turn onto their heel, and look at Shinra with a confused glance. They had thought that he wanted the light to be shown, not to dim it away with the curtains. However, what he said next, made Noxis go through a whole thinking process that they had never thought of before.

"Noxis. Do you believe in devils?"

"... Devils?"

"People like us, with powers like us. People that could be called devils the very same we can be called friends."

"... I've- Never heard of that term used for people like us back home. They called us special, unique. Put us through special training to become better people and to use our powers for good. I've... I haven't. I'm sorry, Shinra."

"Hm."

     The room went silent, the sound of the vents making small noises brought Shinra back to his senses quickly. When he found himself not in a depressing mood, he found himself staring at Noxis, who was still there, concerned. They let out a small sigh of relief, before gently childishly patting his head, letting some of the tension that could be cut through with a chainsaw, be taken away by the movement. Noxis grabbed the curtain, gently pulling it to the side to show the sunlight once more, the golden eyes of them illuminating the sun back in their iris. For Shinra, the sunlit off of his irises as well, causing a burning fire to seemingly start in his eyes. It was a silent gesture, one that was made accidentally by Noxis. No matter what, he could, no, will become a hero. No matter how many times the White Clad tried, no matter how many pillars he was required to fight, no matter what the Evangelist or anyone at the Holy Sol Church said, he will become a hero. It was the least he could do, to honor his brother and mother. He muttered a small "Latom" before standing up again, taking a look over at Noxis.

     He noticed their eyes had darkened greatly, the glimmering gold now a dull golden color. The curls seem to be more straightened in front of their face, Shinra felt as though hatred was growing between them. Not towards him, but towards the Amaterasu that they had called "a nuclear waste power plant". He didn't say anything else towards this point in time however, there was a feeling. His legs tinged, and he found himself sitting up towards the Amaterasu. His face went into a small state of panic, but he was abruptly stopped by another voice intruding on his and Noxis' conversation.