introduction

"The first and most oppressive lie ever uttered was the song of freedom. For nearly every living thing, choice breeds shame and uncertainty and regret. There's a fork in every road, yet the wrong path always is taken."

"Is that what you think this is? The wrong path?" She muses, her focus shifting from her paperwork to him. A part of her wishes his eyes would meet hers. Maybe then he could be honest with someone other than himself.

"Well, it certainly isn't the one I would've chosen."

• • •

disclaimer:

Some content in this story may be disturbing to those who are sensitive to graphic content, including death, violence, and verbal abuse/insults. If this disturbs you, I recommend you find another loki fanfiction. There are many great ones on here!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I am excited to write this. I've had an idea for a Loki story for years, and when the Loki series came out on Disney+, I immediately freaked out. I loved the first season (except for a few... Choice details. Those will not be explored here.) I am happy to explore an idea I've had for years now!

I hope that you enjoy this story. I will be utilizing many Marvel movies as reference/inspiration for this story. I also will be heavily using stuff from Loki on Disney+. If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you do so before reading this.

This story will contain spoilers.

You have been warned.

Thanks for your support. Likes and comments are always appreciated.

~ashandhayes