Prologue

Prologue

I heard a voice echo behind me, saying "Stop!", but I didn't; I kept on running, enjoying every bit of the run. It made me feel like a bird that had been set free from its cage after years of yearning. I was giggling happily as I ran into the depths of the woods. What amazed me was my speed; I was running too fast for a human, passing the trees at a rocket's speed. I could see very clearly, even though the forest was too dark, and I could even hear the rustling of the leaves.

The full moon hung in the sky, offering the dark forest a part of its moonlight, making the forest less frightening. Suddenly, something or someone pounced on me and I fell to the ground with a loud thud. When I opened my eyes, I saw a pair of ocean blue orbs looking down at me. "Alex," I muttered his name, smiling widely, and then we both started laughing. And Oh boy his laugh, his laugh was the most beautiful laugh I have ever heard in my whole life; his velvety smooth voice melting my heart.

I brought my hands up to cup his cheeks, but before I could do that, I heard someone calling my name. "Aurora, Aurora!" And in one swift moment, I was being dragged away from him, far from him. My heart felt heavy and I started sobbing loudly. "No, no, no, no, Alex, no, no,".

I kept muttering those two words 'Alex' and 'No'.

"Aurora, Aurora," I felt someone shaking my body. "Aurora, honey, wake up," Opening my eyes slowly I saw my mom looking down at me with a worried expression, I sit up abruptly. For a few moments everything went blank, " what happened honey? " My mom asked me, worry filled in her voice.

" ALEX mom" and everything went black.

Vincenzo- Hello darlings❤️missed me?