12. Failed Project

Kaia's pov

It's been a few weeks since the fight in Germany.

Turns out Rhodey didn't die, he just got paralyzed. from the waist down I believe.

Apparently, everyone who was on Steve's team is now considered a criminal or something.

Dads going to visit them today I guess.

I haven't really been paying attention to whats been going on lately.

Today is Sunday, which means I have to go to stupid school tomorrow. It's been almost a month or 2 since I've been there, but now there's only about a month of school left.

I go up to my room and since Pepper's busy, and Dads leaving, I have the tower to myself basically.

I look out of my window and see Spiderman swinging around in his new suit. Cute.

That's when I get an Idea.

I should become a superhero. I mean, I know I don't have powers, but I can be like Nat. I know how to fight very well.

I walk away from my window and sit down at my desk.

"Ivy, will you pull up a set of blueprints. Fresh ones. I'm creating a suit."

"Oh and don't tell dad, I  don't want him to find out."

"of course Kaia, here they are."

A holographic set of blueprints show up. Perfect.

I work on my suit for hours.

When I'm completely done with the design of my suit, I get up from my desk. All I need to do now is make it.

Dad's gotta have something, so I go into his work lab and find all the suit material I can find.

There mostly black. Some grey. I run that back up to my room.

As I'm walking back into dad's tech lab, Pepper finds me.

"Were you just about to go into Tony's lab?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow

"Yeah...why"

"I was just wondering. Why are you going in there?"

"I'm working on creating something. Its something cool, you'll see it when I'm all done."

She actually wont, because I'm just planning to tell her the project failed.

She walks away and I go straight into the lab.

I figure out how to make small rings and bracelets that will stay on the suit. They're all weapons. I also somehow figured out a way to make Ivy portable. Like how dad is with Friday. all with a pair of earrings.

I run up to my room and begin to put it all together. Since this the first suit I've ever made, I'm going to have to get help from Ivy. Which is perfectly fine.

What seemed like hours later i get a knock at the door. The suit is almost done. I just need to get the right arm completely done.

"Kaia?"

I quickly cover my suit with a blanket and then open the door to find my dad.

"So pepper tells me that you're working on a project?" he looked at me a bit oddly

"yeah, I was, and then it failed so I'm not anymore.

"okay well, don't be too disappointed, happens to the best of us. Don't stay up too late ok?"

I look up at the clock. it reads 9:00. Wow. I didn't know I was working for that long.

"Okay. I look back at my suit so I can finish the arm. When I finish thanks to Ivy, I start applying the weapons. that takes a bit longer because I have to make them hardly noticeable.