Chapter Seven

The walk back home was quite except for the usual arguing coming from Maureen and Bill. I've never opened up to anyone like i just did to Kevin.

Part of me was glad and the other part hated that I let myself be so vulnerable. I look beside me and lock eyes with Kevin. The look in his eyes was not judgemental as i had feared but instead understand meant.

When we arrived at the Murphy house Bill and Maureen went inside and Kevin and i went to his room. I sat down on the floor as he put on his favourite band "Shire of Frodo". They weren't my favourite but it didn't hate them.

"You know sometimes i wonder why my parents even had me" he says in a quite whisper sitting down next to me. "Why?" I ask turning to face him. "My dad treats me like shit and walks all over me, i mean Bills just a plain dildo, but i feel like their constantly ganging up on me and no one understands" he says with a angry look.

"I understand" I say. He looks up at me and we make eye contact, his face is emotionless and he stares at me blankly. "You know you're definitely one amazing best friend" he says the anger in his face leaving.

"Touché my friend, touché" i say smiling and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Believe it or not Kevin Murphy but you might be one of the only things keeping me sane in this dumb world" i tell him and i notice a slight pink rise to his cheeks.

We sit in silence for a while letting the music fill the room. I check my watch and notice that it's nearly seven at night. "My mom gets off early so i'm gonna head home but i'll see you tomorrow" i say getting up and dusting my clothes off.

Kevin gives me a nod and a small wave and i climb up the stairs and out the the door. I walk across the street and see my moms car parked in the driveway. Good she's home.

As i enter the house my nose is met with the scent of my moms mac and cheese. "Nora is that you?" i hear my mom yell from the kitchen. "Yep" i shout back as i take off my shoes.

"Cooking mac and cheese?" i ask as i enter the kitchen although i already know the answer. "Yes i am, are you up for the fugitive tonight?" she asks me.

"Oh you better bet i am" i tell her grinning. The fugitive was my favourite movie and it's me and my moms thing. She loves the movie to just not nearly as much as i do.